Ep20 - "And Before the Day Ends"

After the little chat she had with Carmine, Vi goes to grab some ice that's wrapped in a paper towel and applies it to the bruise on her left arm.

She waits for about 10 minutes and afterwards, she puts it away and sits back down by the foldable table. As it's yet to be dinnertime, she watches some Heroes' Quest gameplays on her phone in the meantime.

Later on, she and her mother go to eat stuffed sweet potatoes for dinner after making a little prayer. Having finished their meals, Vi prepares their pet kitten's food before calling out to her.

The kitten must've already been awake as she comes rushing into the kitchen and starts eating what's on her food bowl.

"Hehe, such a hungry little kitty you are. You must be filled with a lot of energy after having slept so much, huh?" Vi says, smiling at her. While she's watching her eating the food, Vi's mother calls for her attention.

"Yes, mother?" Vi asks, standing back up and turning to look at her mother who's standing by the table.

"Would you by any chance like to celebrate your special day this year?" Her mother asks, taking her by surprise.

"Why is she suddenly asking that?" Vi wonders to herself as she asks her that same question to her mother. "Why do you ask?"

"Well, seeing how well things have gone today, I thought we could use this opportunity to celebrate your special day for once, even if just for a little while" Her mother says.

She then adds, "I... know you're not fond of the idea very much, considering how badly the previous years' special days went. So rather than giving you a surprise celebration, I instead decided to ask you first on your thoughts on it"

"Oh..." Vi simply says as she listens to her mother speak some more.

"I wouldn't want to force you to celebrate after all. It's your decision to make and..." A warm smile forms on her mother's face as she says, "regardless of your choice, it'll make me happy to know you had a good special day in the end. The kind of special day I know you've always deserved"

Hearing her words, Vi can't help but be touched by what she said and smile back at her mother. She doesn't need to think about it though since she already knows what to answer.

"Thank you, mother. I really appreciate your consideration. And in regards to your earlier question, I think I would prefer not to do any celebrations for this year either. I'm already happy with how the day's been and so, I still don't see any reason to celebrate it"

"I see. I shall respect your wishes then" Her mother replies.

Vi thanks her again before making a suggestion of her own. "Thank you again. And perhaps if you're up for it, mother, we could still spend some time together. I would love to watch that horror series with you that you were watching earlier"

"Of course, I'd love to" Her mother replies with no hesitation. "I wouldn't even mind starting from the beginning of the series if that's what you prefer. Either way, I'm totally up for the idea of watching it together with you"

"I'm glad to hear that" Vi says.

Her mother then says, "Let me just wash these dishes first and then we can watch"

"Okay" Vi simply says.

As her mother starts collecting the dishes, she asks, "Would you like for me to get some food and beverages before we start? I'm just asking in advance"

Vi nods in response. "Having snacks and drinks seem like a great idea. It could make our possible series marathon even more enjoyable hehe"

"Hehe, exactly what I have in mind hehe" Her mother says. "I'll let you know when I'm done washing the dishes"