Ep5 - "Meeting at their Doorstep"

Throughout the morning, while Carmine proceeds to keep practicing his aim with the toy bow and arrow at his house, Viridian continues to play her game on her phone at her place.

As she said to Carmine earlier, Viridian's playing through an event in her game today. Having already played through the other events, this is the last one she wants to complete before the events disappear by tomorrow. These are only held for two weeks after all.

Much like the other events, this last event also has new interesting storyline for some of the characters. Unlike those ones though, this one will reveal a bit of lore about the protagonist of the game, which is one of the things she looks forward to most.

There's also of course going to be rewards for players who may choose to play the event. But she could care less about that if she's going to be honest.

And after playing for a few hours, she finally completes it and finds herself tearing up at the scene that plays between the protagonist and his feathery friend.

It's a bittersweet goodbye for both Viridian who played the event and the protagonist himself, having gotten attached to the bird. But it's for the best, so that the bird can spread their wings and fly high like they've always wanted to do and be happy.

Just then, her pet kitten leaps onto the bed and nuzzles against her cheek. A soft smile begins to form on her face and her tears slowly stop falling from her eyes. Turning to face the kitten, she softly pats her head while she purrs.

"It's always surprising how you always seem to know when I'm feeling down, Candy" Viridian says, still patting her head. "I mean, I'm only sad from playing the event, but you still comfort me"

"Meow" Candy happily meows at her and continues to purr from her soft headpats, making Viridian smile a bit more.

Still holding the phone in her other hand, she notices the time displayed on top of the screen. It's almost 11am, which is the time she and her mother usually eat lunch on the weekends. So she sits up on the bed, turns off the volume, and takes off her earphones before unplugging them from her phone.

While Candy remains sitting on her bed, Viridian stands up and puts away the earphones along with her phone inside her drawer.

She then proceeds to leave the room, followed by the kitten, making their way down to the dining room. Entering the room, her mother has already finished making lunch for them, greeting her with a smile.

"Oh, I was just about to call you, Viridian" Her mother says. "You're just in time for lunch"

Viridian's smile fades away for a brief moment before she tries to put on a smile again. "Well, I noticed the time and by then, I already completed the last event of the game. So I thought I'd come down for lunch before you start calling my name"

"Unfortunately for me though, you called me by my name anyway..." She thinks to herself.

"Anyways, what's for lunch?" She asks as she goes to set up the table.

"Veggie burritos!" Her mother exclaims, making Viridian's eyes light up and she hurries to set up the table, now more eager to eat lunch.

Her mother giggles at this, taking the plate of veggie burritos and putting them down on the center of the table right as Viridian finishes setting it up for them.

Both then takes a seat, sitting on opposite sides. As eager as she is, Viridian doesn't forget to pray along with her mother before they grab their forks and knives to start eating the burritos.

During lunch, her mother stops and faces her to tell her something.

"So, Viridian..." She starts to say, making Viridian stop eating and face her while trying to keep a smile on her face.