Chapter eight

Uhmygod. Uhhhmyyygood. Did I just do that? No I couldn't have. But it was my foot that kicked that ball that happened to hit Dalton in the head. How did I do that? Uhmygod.

I didn't really think, all I saw was Talyssa, this really cute brunette who was at tryouts, walk up to Dalton and whisper in his ear, then kiss him on the cheek. And SOMEHOW my soccer ball ended up hitting him.

Kim and I sprinted up the stadium, coach was gone so we were fine to leave the fields. I bent down over top of Dalton's, hopefully, fainted body. His big blue eyes were closed tight, and he was still. I put my ear to his chest and felt his heart, still beating and breathing. I got back up and sighed in relief. That was when..., "uhmm, what the hell Patrick? Did you do that on purpose?" Talyssa screamed at me. I could see she was joking, atleast I hoped she was.

"I promise I didn't mean to, you know how bad aim I have!" I repied truthfully. It was true, I had bad aim

"I know, haha, well guess we better go call the nurse," she pulled out a pink and sparkly cell phone and started calling the nurses office while Kim and I tried slapping, pinching, and pouring water on him trying to wake him up. If it weren't my fault he was asleep, I would of enjoyed doing this.

****

Since there were only allowed two people in the sick room with each injured or sick student, Talyssa and I were the ones to go in. Dalton was lying on the bed while the nurse was trying a few things to wake him up.

"heh, you've got one hard kick there mah dear," the nurse chuckled.

I giggled and Talyssa did as well.

"So do you know Dalton?" Talyssa asked me

I looked at her, maybe I could tell her about Dalton. She seemed super nice, plus her and her roomies were across the hall from me and my roomies.

"Yup, ever since I was born. That is literall," I replied.

"What? omg, you are joking? haha, so how?" she screeched with wide eyes and a huge grin.

"Well, our parent's were best friends, and when I was in the hospital, they came to see me after I was born. He was just three months older, and when I came out our mothers set us beside eachother, both wrapped up in cute little matching blankets that we still own! We stayed best friends up until grade four, and now look! It's ten years later..."

I looked down at the ground, remembering every word our mothers told us. I put it in a little less detail, but everytime i remembered the story an image was painted in my mind. I smiled.

"ooh, well just to let you know, i'm his girlfriend," she smiled putting out her hand for a shake, "so hello Dalton's best friend!"

"ohh, no no, I'm not his friend anymore," but I still shook her hand. She frowned though like she was disapointed. But that was when Dalton murmerd something, we both scurried over to his bed, he was covered in sheets. We both fell silent, then we heard what he was murmering.

His blonde hair covered his closed eyes, his freckles were showing in the lighting, and his full lips were murmering, "Patrick...Pa...Patrick.....huh?" He woke up. Oh dang.

"hey," Talyssa answered to him, but I didn't say anything. She didn't look jelous or anything, either she was truly nice, or a good actor.

"hey, oh Patrick, hey," he said noticing me, then he realized where he was, what happened and why he was there. "What the heck? why did you do that? it was you...right?"

I had to explain to him that I had bad aim and I was really sorry, and that no, this did not make him my friend, but I was happy with being acquaintances. For some reason, he grinned like a wild horse who saw his first carrot.

"Well then, my acquaintance, how bout we become friends by going to a friendly movie?"

What could I say? I just hit him in the head with a soccer ball, AND knocked him out.

"sure"