Chapter fifteen

"I'm not over it," I spoke softly.

"Louder," Cooper ordered to me.

"I'm not over it!" I said in a full strained voice.

"It, or him?"

"I'm not over him!" I was practically yelling.

Wow. How was I such an idiot? All these years, of thinking I don't miss Dalton, and that I'd never be his friend again were wrong. Truth was, I still needed him. I wasn't over him, and when he was going to kiss me, I was overwhelmed. Well atleast, I think he was going to kiss me. Or else I made a huge fool out of myself back at the carnival.

"Okay then, that' solved," Cooper laughed and started his engine as he pulled back onto the road.

"Thanks coop, but just a question," I said with thought, "How did you know the answer?" I looked at him and he looked straight towards the road avoiding my eye contact. I knew he was driving, but he was looking at the road on purpose.

"I'd rather not answer that, you'll find out soon enough anyways," he spoke straight forward.

I smoothed out my shirt and took my purse off my lap, I brushed off a piece of hair that kept falling on my face.

"That's not fair Cooper! I deserve an answer! You will tell me or I will make a huge banner at the upcoming soccer game that says, Cooper Scooper Picks Up Pooper!!" I replied childishly.

He fake gasped and held one of his hands to his mouth, "You wouldn't!"

"I would."

"Fine.... do you really want to know?" he took his eyes off the road for a moment, and looked at me.

I nodded.

"Well, it's not just me that has noticed this. But alot of other people too, even some of the teachers! But it's just, you two are so...I don't know what's the word, so... great together. Like you guys act like it's just you and him when your together. You seem to understand eachother more easy than anyone else. People actually have started betting when you guys will start dating...." he mumbled the last part, "even me."

"WHAT?!" I smacked him on the arm.

"Heyy what was that for!"

"Oh I don't know, for betting on me and Dalton! It's not going to happen, we are just going to be friends," I spoke in a sarcastic tone.

"We'll see...." he was mocking me.

I glared at him, if my eyes had bullets then he'd have a hole right through his skull and peanut sized brain.

We neared the big brown sign that said Oakridge University in big gold letters.

He drove to the parking lot and we got out of the truck.

"Thanks Cooper, for everything," I gave him a huge hug, it took him a moment but he eventually hugged me back.

"No probs pattycake."

**********************

What should I do?

I was standing in front of the door to my dorm room, hugging myself. I didn't really want to see my friends right now, but I didn't want to walk around campus like a loner at night. Especially with all the missing students...

"Patrick! Well there you are!" Fate answered itself as Kim opened the door wearing her fuzzy green pajamas.

I stepped inside, chucking my purse on the kitchen counter and walking into Morgan and I's room.

"Good night?" I heard Chantel ask from the living room. They all started giggling, I knew they were teasing me.

"Nope. Nadda. Noperooni. Nuh uh. Absolutely, not," I replied throwing off my clothes and wiggling into my fuzziest pajama pants and my yellow tank top. I grabbed my blanket and entered our living room slamming down on my couch.

No lights were on and they were silent as we watched Pretty Little liars...I knew they were trying not to bug me about my night. Thank god, I love my friends.

I'd tell them tomorrow anyways.

Speaking of tomorrow, the first game of the season was tomorrow and I was hyped. I was starting goalkeeper so I was quite nervous though...

I kept the ongoing thoughts about the game then I drifted to sleep.......

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sorry about the short chapter. but like I said, when im in kelwona...its long chapters EVERY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D