Chapter 40: Billie's Concert

El was backstage as Billie performed on stage, talking to the staff. Max sat on her lap, also having taken the flight from New York to Chicago. Billie was singing Oxytocin and it was almost time for her to join her on stage.

"I wanna do bad things to you, I wanna make you yell. I wanna do bad things to you, don't wanna treat you well." She finished as the crowd sung along, jumping up and down.

"Alright Jane, you're up." One of the staff said as her song began playing. Max grinned and jumped off her as she stood up, putting her earpiece in and pulling her guitar strap over her shoulder.
"See you soon beautiful." She smiled, kissing her lips softly before leaving to join the crowd.

El smiled back and grabbed a mic as she heard the crowd murmurs as they heard the song, wondering what was going on. The staff brought her over to where she was going to shoot up onto the stage, just where Billie had been 30 minutes earlier.

"Okay, you ready?" One of them asked her.
She nodded, taking one more sip of water. "How high does this thing go?" She asked, looking up.
"You'll see." They smiled, taking the bottle from her before pressing a button.

She shot up onto the stage, luckily landing on her feet after practicing with Billie the night before, the main part of the song coming on. She played her guitar as Billie grinned, the crowd screaming as they saw her.

"Do what you want
I'm telling you
Let me into your heart."

She walked over to where Billie was jumping around, encouraging the crowd to join in.

"Can't stand it, backhanded
They wanna see us falling apart
You know that I love you
So let me into you,
Let me into your heart"

Billie sung the backing vocals as El smiled lightly, the lights flashing blue and white.

"Do you really love me?
I'mma get you girl
This is the end of us
Sleeping with the moon and the stars
I know where you've been, oh
You can see us far then near
Let me into your heart
Oh, this ain't no bullshit
I really love you, girl
Oh, oh God
Girl, you really got a hold on me
So this isn't just puppy love

She rasped her voice slightly as she played the chords, looking at just how many people were here.

"Girl, you really got a hold on me
So this isn't just puppy love, oh
Oh my God, I
Let me in
Girl, you really got a hold, woo"

Me and your mama - Childish Gambino

The song slowed down and Billie ran over to her, engulfing her in a massive hug as she smiled, hugging her back.

"Jane Hopper everybody!" She yelled out as everyone cheered. El smiled and waved as the next song started.

"You can pretend you don't miss me (me)
You can pretend you don't care
All you wanna do is kiss me (me)
Oh, what a shame I'm not there"

Billie sung and people sung along as Jane gently strummed her guitar to the song.

"You can pretend you don't miss me (me)
You can pretend you don't care
All you wanna do is kiss me (me)
Oh, what a shame I'm not there
What is it you want?
You can lie but I know that you're not fine
Every time you talk
It's all 'bout me, but you swear I'm not on your mind"

Billie danced to the song as he held the mic stand, running her hands down it.

"You can pretend you don't miss me (me)
You can pretend you don't care
All you wanna do is kiss me (me)
Oh, what a shame I'm not there
Everybody knows
You and I are suicide and stolen art"