Chapter 2 - "the bedding frightens me too"

"The bedding frightens me too, almost as much as your dragon", Daena says, eyes downcast in shame.
"What were you told about the bedding ceremony?" Daemon asks, taking her chin gently in to his hand, lifting it so that she has no other choice but to look at him.

His lilac eyes are gentle when he looks at her, gentler than she'd expected.
"I will be good to you, I know how to do it so it won't hurt you", Daemon adds.
"You do?" Daena asks.
"I do, you've probably been told all your life that you as a woman, you can't explore sex, but that men are allowed to, to spread our seed, I had my first sexual encounter with a woman when I was 13 years old", Daemon says. "So I will teach you how to please me and I will be good to you."
"Will you allow a bedding ceremony to take place? With people watching us consummate our marriage?" Daena asks.
"Is that the thing that scares you? Having to have people watching you being...claimed by me?" Daemon asks.
"A little, yes, the thought of it makes me very uncomfortable", Daena says.
"Then we won't have a bedding ceremony, we will consummate our marriage, but we won't do it with anyone undressing us but us", Daemon says. "We can even take Caraxes as well as some food and drink and fly somewhere secluded if you want, or I can order some food and drink to be delivered somewhere for us, what is your favorite place around here?"
"There's a place down by this waterfall that I really love", Daena says.
"We'll go there then", Daemon says. "Come, let's go back to everyone waiting for us."

Daemon commands Caraxes to stay and wait for them to return before he and Daena go back to everyone waiting for them.
"I have decided that no bedding ceremony will take place here, we will consummate our marriage but we will do it on our own terms", Daemon says. "We would like food and drink to be delivered to us down by the waterfall."
"How will you get there?" Someone among the gathered guests asks.
"I have a dragon, we will fly there, Caraxes, ynot", Daemon says, the command a bit louder than the rest, and they all hear his dragon's leathery wings flapping behind him as the red beast arrives. "Embrot, gevī, lykirī, lykirī."

Daemon helps Daena mount the red beast before he himself gets up in the saddle and straps them both in.
"Sōvēs", Daemon call out to the dragon. "Hold on tight."

Daemon has Caraxes fly towards the waterfall that Daena mentioned to him. When Daena sees it, she gives Daemon a little sign. He understands and command Caraxes to land.
"Embrot, Caraxes", Daemon says calmly.

The red beast lands lightly and Daemon straps himself and Daena loose from the saddle. Daena sees the picnic already set up for them.
"Looks like the servants fear to be fed to you", Daena says, petting the resting dragon like he was no more dangerous than a large dog.
"Yeah, I believe they might fear that I would command him to burn them all if they didn't do my bidding", Daemon says lightly, taking his cloak off and laying it down on the laid out blanket of the ground.

They sit down together enjoying their meal, when everything is finished, Daemon moves the basket over to Caraxes, emptying the bones and leftover meat in front of him.
"Drakarys", Daemon says and stands back so he won't get burnt by his dragon's fire.

The dragon gulps down everything in front of him and then lays back down to rest with his head on his wings.

Daemon and Daena gently start kissing and taking each other's clothes off. When they are naked, Daemon guides his lady gently through her first sexual experience.

Afterwards, she lays on his chest.
"How was that for you?" Daemon asks.
"Good, I never thought it would be pleasurable for me, because all I was ever told was that it would be pleasurable for my husband but not for me", Daena says.
"I vow to make every time pleasurable for you", Daemon says.

They get dressed, grab the blanket and roll it up, strapping it to the dragon's back before mounting him and strapping in to the saddle.
"Sōvẽs, Caraxes", Daemon says and the dragon takes to the sky and they fly speedily back to the Winterfell courtyard. "Embrot, gevī."

In the courtyard, Daemon dismounts and hands a cutout piece of the blanket they took to their picnic. The cutout is stained with Daena's maiden blood and his own seed.
"Proof that our marriage has been consummated, her maiden blood and my seed", Daemon says lightly, handing the fabric to the maester.