ANTECEDENT: CHAPTER 11

MIDNIGHT entered Silvanus' laboratory with his cat, Loki, in his arms and a backpack strap around his shoulder. Dominick sigh while watching Midnight walk beside Silvanus, then frowned and spoke to Klaus who was beside him. "Why do I feel like I'm sending my daughter to a dangerous place? He's clearly a son."

Klaus smiled at his boss. He was already used to Dominick's weirdness and antics. "It's just you, my lord."

"Yeah. I guess. Anyway, summer has started. Ask your son if he wants to stay on the farm. I want him and Happy to be more familiar with each other."

Klaus nodded. "I will, my lord."

"Alright. Let's go."

Dominick and Klaus left, and Midnight was taken to a clean, spacious and cozy looking room in the laboratory's rooftop.

"You will be staying here." Silvanus told Midnight, who was looking at the balcony outside the glass window overlooking the cityscape. "Bathroom is over there and that is the remote control for this room." He gestured at the in-wall remote control next to the floor-to-ceiling glass window. "You can control the air conditioning with that, the lights, the curtains, and it also serves as an intercom connected to my office. Don't hesitate to give me a buzz if you're not feeling well."

Midnight silently nodded and let his cat down to the floor.

Silvanus glanced at the cat. "As for your cat, I'm sorry, but I can't allow it to roam around the lab," Silvanus said apologetically. "We have so many expensive machines here, so it must stay in your room while you're here. But if you want, you can walk your cat outside. There's a park nearby."

Midnight nodded silently again.

Silvanus continued, not minding Midnight's silence. "Rest for now. After lunch, go to the examination room on the second floor for a more in-depth general check-up."

After Midnight nodded, Silvanus excused himself and left the room to go back to his work. As for Midnight, he watched Loki walked around for a while, then he sat on the edge of bed, just looking outside the floor-to-ceiling glass window.

After he got fed up with the scenery, he took the book the butler prepared for him from the bag and read it while leaning against the headboard.

While he was immersed in the book in his hand, a sudden beeping sound was heard from inside his bag.

Frowning, he put down the book and opened his bag once again. After a few seconds of rummaging through it, he found a phone.

Dominick had confiscated his phones when the old man kidnapped him and upon checking, he was certain that this was not his phone. Nonetheless, he picked it up and opened it.

The phone's wallpaper was the first thing Midnight noticed. Because it had words on it that were meant for him.

'I'm letting you borrow my old phone 'cause I'm such a nice person. And just a heads up before you use it, this phone is being monitored because I have trust issues, so you're welcome.

From the most handsome man,

Dominick Quinn

A grimace made its way to Midnight's forehead when he saw the signature below. What's up with that old man again?

He checked the phone's notifications to see why it made a sound earlier and he found that it was from a new group chat called HANDSOME DOMINICK and he had been added to it without him knowing.