21 | Cerise

Cerise leaned against her door, her eyes shutting as her back slid down the wood until her butt met the floor. She finally allowed herself to melt into the puddle growing around her feet since that morning.

Saint Izaiah Novak was too perfect. He was too gorgeous. Too strong, too considerate, too sweet, and too fucking dominant. And he was all of that with hardly any effort.

She had mentioned a drive-in theater with dreamy eyes in passing once, months ago, and she doesn't think she was even talking to him when she did.

But he had been listening.

He noticed how she constantly pointed out pretty sunsets and slowed down when near soft plush animals with cute faces.

It was so difficult behaving when seafoam green eyes watched your every move, full of interest and love-like obsession. There was now an invisible collar wrapped around her throat, and the tag read: If found, return to Saint.

Cerise stood up, ambling into the kitchen and turning on the light. She sniffed the beautiful roses again, sighing from the sweet floral fragrance of the velvet petals. Her attention switched to the stuffed animal, picking it up from the counter.

"What should I name you?" she spoke to the cow, and tiny stitched eyes stared back at her as she poked its pink nose.

Hugging it close, she buried her face in its belly only to get a waft of his cologne.

Again, he was too perfect.

She decided to name the plush Lacey, short for Lactose, and set her in the center of her bed. A quick shower later, she was crawling into bed and awaiting his call.

She waited patiently, thinking back on the course of the day with a smile on her face. She thought back on how the wind traveled through his hair and gave it the messy look she loved. His smell as his arms wrapped around her, and his green eyes lingering on her every chance he got.

Saint's stares weren't shy. He barely blinked and if he did, they were slow like he was in a steady daydream.

Lastly, she thought about his small show of dominance over her before he left. Telling her that he'd take her out again in that tone that indicated there would be no arguments. Making her feel the best kind of small as his fingers gripped her chin and demanded a response.

Kissing her goodnight as she's aching for him but leaving her like that.

"Idiot," she grumbled to herself.

Couldn't you hear me calling to you?

Cerise didn't realize when she did it, but her hand had descended between her legs as the heat she felt at that moment was reignited. She was a bundle of whimpers and whines as she brought herself close to the edge, but couldn't make herself fall.

She groaned as she grew frustrated, reaching for her phone and wondering why the hell Saint hadn't called her yet. Her breath stopped in her throat as she saw that an hour and a half already passed.

Saint did call her. Twice. Once twenty minutes after he left her apartment. And the last was 15 minutes ago. She noticed a message from him as well.

New Message!
Saint: Call me.

Cerise felt like she was in trouble, cursing to herself as she called him back and cringing when the dial tone sounded once before the call connected. She only heard silence.

"Hey," Cerise said softly.

"Are you okay?" his deep voice asked, filled with concern.

"Yeah, sorry," she laughed awkwardly, "I was just..."