33 | Cerise

It wouldn't be Spring Break if Cerise didn't spend at least one day at the beach.

She was on the phone with Bells and Q as they all got ready, but Cerise herself felt a little scrambled.

Though everyone had discussed going to the beach that day a week prior, Saint and she both forgot that the new kitty had an appointment with the vet.

The good news was that aside from being a little dehydrated, the furball was perfectly healthy. They were sent on their way after he was given a few vaccinations and a freshly registered microchip.

On another note, the search for a name for the brown kitten had been short-lived.

Upon closer inspection of the box provided to them by the ice cream shop worker, they found that it just happened to be labeled with one of their various ice cream flavors.

And it was all too ironic to ignore.

Hence, the kitten was now fittingly named Rocky Road.

The only downside was that it was late morning by the time they left the veterinary clinic, and they were still a bit pressed for time even though they pushed back the time to be on the road by an hour.

To be efficient, Cerise and Rocky were taken back to the house so she could get a head start on getting ready. Meanwhile, Saint went back out to get ice for the cooler and pick up the sandwiches.

She twisted and turned while looking at herself in the bathroom mirror. Her hands slid down her dress to smooth it out and her fingers pulled at the neckline as she adjusted that afterwards.

"Okie dokie," she blew out, finally ceasing the fiddling of her fingers, "I just have to pack our bag now."

"Ooh hold on, let me see!" Isabella reappeared on Cerise's phone, her face taking up the top half of the video call interface, "...What are you wearing?"

Cerise looked down at her white coverup dress. It was simple but cute and flowy with a deep V-neck that allowed for a sneak peek of her basic pink bikini underneath.

"My new coverup," Cerise said slowly with a confused tone, "Bells, you were there when I bought it."

"I see that," Bells said dryly, "I also see that you aren't wearing the bikini you also bought."

"Yeah," Q piped up as she twisted her long blonde hair into French braids, "Why'd you choose the old one instead?"

"That bikini is not suitable for the beach," Cerise shook her head with a scrunched nose, "It barely covers my itties and bitties."

She started fiddling some more due to the topic, grabbing her brush to sleek down her hair tied into a poofy but presentable mess atop her head.

The beautiful box braids had their moment, and her natural curls took the spotlight once more after she loosed her hair a few days ago.

She smiled slightly as she thought back on how she allowed Saint to assist her.

"I think I cut this one too short..."

"WHAT!?" she screeched, her hand immediately snatching the braid from his grasp.

Cerise sighed as she felt the length.

"Sike," he chuckled.

"Give me the damn scissors," she hissed.

"What?" he frowned as the scissors were taken from his hand, "Baby, no. I'm sorry, let me help."

"Nah, since you got jokes."

She had revoked his helping privileges and made Saint sit there and watch as she cut the rest of her box braids to length before unloosing them.