JEFF

I was taken back by Ted kissing me

Was he becoming more comfortable with me?

With us?

I kissed back with equal energy, pulling him closer into me. He made a tiny noise in the back of his throat and I pulled away, gasping looking into his eyes.
"Are you okay?" I breathed out.
"I- I don't know why I'm doing this" Ted admitted looking sideways trying to avoid eye contact.
"We don't have to say we're homosexual.. we can keep it between us"
"That's not it Jeff" Ted whispered.
"Then what is it?"

I watched as Ted looked up at me with pleading eyes.
"Ever since I met you that night at the bar, it's made me want to stop being who I am"

I was shocked by his response and I nodded, reaching my hand out to caress his face. He leaned back at first, like I stung him but seconds passed and he leaned into me, placing his hand over my hand that was on his jawline.

My eyes wandered his face dancing along it seeing every smile line and wrinkle. I felt as if I was looking into a mirror. I can see the pain he was going through because I too, had that pain.

The pain from not giving into the urge.

The urge to murder. It was like a drug, an addiction with no cure.

"Why are we like this?" Ted whispered and I brought my hand from his jaw to place my thumb on his chin, tipping it.
"We were born this way"
"You think so?" Ted whispered and I smiled, ghosting my lips over his.

The hotel room was quiet, all you could hear was the sounds of the piping in the walls and the springs in the mattress creek.

"What if they come for me Jeff?"

I bit my lip, trying to come up with something he would want to hear but I froze. I've been undetected for so long, if I dragged myself down with him I can't imagine what would happen to myself.

"I don't know" I whispered.