i got you. darry curtis

requested!

every once  in a while, darry would unwind and relax for a while at a nearby bar after work, just a cold beer in his hand offered a brief respite, a chance to gather his thoughts

it wasn't often, but he went when his day seemed  tiring. those rare visits were his way of coping the weight of day that became too much to bear.

he sat at the counter, savouring each sip of his beer, the glass bottle half empty. the dim lighting and the soft murmur of conversations around him provided a comforting feeling, letting the calming effect wash over him, easing his body from the tension and the strain.

as he was drinking, he noticed a lady a couple seats away from him. she had several empty beer bottles lined up beside her, and he could see the telltale signs of inebriation. her cheeks were flushed, a rosy hue spreading across her face. and her eyes had a distant, glazed look, swaying slightly in her seat as she tried to maintain her composure.

he noticed a man next to her, who didn't seem drunk as she was. the man's hand rested on her shoulder, sliding up and down in a way that made her uncomfortable, she seemed visibly tensed each time his hand moved, she shifted in her seat in discomfort.

despite her attempts of escaping from his touch, his hand always found its way back to her shoulder. her eyes darted around the room, looking for an escape.

her eyes landed on darry, and she immediately began, her voice slightly slurred but filled with urgency, "hey! i have been looking all over for you!" her words for loud enough to catch the attention of those nearby, that desperate and pleading look in her eye silently asked for him to play along.

she shifted her seat closer to darry. darry, hesitant but understanding her unspoken plea and played along, "i've been lookin' for you too." he responded, his voice steady. he shifted slightly, hoping his presence would deter the man's unwanted advances.

the man, noticing darry's muscular and intimidating appearance, instinctively back off. he gave darry a cautious look before mumbling a half-hearted excuse and slinked away.

once the man was out of sight, the woman let out a relieving sigh, her shoulders slumped, and her face softened. she looked at him, with a mixture of gratitude and weariness.

"thank you," she said softly, "he's been bugging me for a while."

darry's lips cracked into a small smile and let out a soft laugh, "it's no trouble at all."

returning his gentle smile, she fished out her car keys out of her purse, "well, i'll see you later."

before she could get up, he began suddenly, "i don't think you can drive home like this, how about i give you a lift."

she hesitated for a moment, her eyes searching his face for sincerity. seeing the genuine concern in his eyes, she nodded gratefully. "that would be really nice, thank you."

eventually, they both left the bar, approaching his truck he opened the passenger door. she slid into to seat, and darry shut the door carefully before getting into the drivers seat, the soft hum of the engine providing a comforting feeling.

the silence between them was gentle at first but, she eventually broke it, "i'm really sorry for the trouble."

darry glanced at her briefly, "it's alright, it ain't your fault, i'm darrel by the way."

"y/n." she replie, offering a tentative smile.

they began to share small-talk, darry talked about his job and small bits of his life while y/n revealed bits of hers. the conversation flowed easily. his deep voice was so smooth it made her feel safe, she felt like she could unwind just listening to him speak, her eyes wandered on him, she admired his side profile, his sharp and angular features, his deep blue eyes, she couldn't stop staring at him, she wanted to look away so he wouldn't notice but her eyes couldn't leave him.

when they reached her house, darry parked his truck and turned to her, "want me to walk you to your door?"

she shook her head, a grateful smile on her face. "no it's okay, i can manage from here. thank you."

darry waited as she got out the car and made her way, just before she closed it, she was rummaging around her purse, she turned back to him. "thank you for taking me home tonight, here let me give you my number. if you want to talk again." she said softly as she handed him a slip of paper.

darry took the slip of paper, his smile broadening, "thanks, i'll give ya call sometime, you be careful, alright?"

"i will. call me soon." she said, giving him a final nod before closing the door, giving him a warm smile through the window.

the engine started again and he slowly backed out of the driveway. as darry drove away, all he could think about was her, the whole drive to his house, all he could think about was how she smelled like jasmine, she smelled so florally, her scent made him he feel like he was surrounded by blooming flowers.

the way her lashes batted up at him, her beautiful, innocent eyes framed by her delicate lashes. the way her rosy lips moved when she spoke or smiled, and her voice. he couldn't get her smooth and and almost melodic voice out of his mind. every detail about her left him smitten.

A/N: i hope you enjoyed this! this was so cute to write!! ugh i love darry. but omg thank you for 7k views i literally love you guys smmm🫶❤️‍🩹