15

It's Tuesday now and Kara is currently at L Corp to have lunch with Lena. "You know Ruby's been non stop talking about the trip." Lena says as she sits next to Kara on the sofa. "Really? Is that  a good thing or bad thing?" Kara asked. "Oh it's definitely a good thing! She's really excited for the camping trip this weekend. Sam said it's all she's been talking about, apparently shes been telling her friends at school about it too." Lena said. Kara smiled at what Lena said. "I'm glad..maybe when she gets out of school we can all go on more all girl get aways." Kara suggested.

"Oh I think she'd love that." Lena said looking at her salad. "What about you? Would you like it too? Or would you leave me to with Sam, Ruby and Alex so I can watch Alex and Sam make doe eyes at each other all the time." Kara said. "Oh so you noticed that too?" Lena asked. "Oh yes! It was almost painful to watch them haphazardly flirt with each other." Kara said. "So what's your mom like?" Lena asked. "She's like any typical mom. She'll probably ask you guys a lot of questions, you don't have to answer any of them though. It's just here way of figuring out if someone's interested in her daughters romantically or not. Lucky for me woman are constantly ghosting me so mom stays off my back. Now she's focused on getting Alex to settle down." Kara replied.

"So is that your way of saying you don't want to be in a relationship?" Lena asked. "No, it's not that at all. I would love to be in an actual relationship with someone who isn't gonna ghost me in the first seventy two hours. With all my luck it probably won't happen...at least anytime soon." Kara replied. Lena smiled at the blonde. "I could always set you up with someone." Lena suggested. "No. Been there done that..it never works." Kara replied. "Ok, I understand that." Lena replied. "Yep, I'm just gonna wait till some woman walks up to me and says something like 'Hey, I know you don't know me...but I promise I won't ghost in the next three days.' But that's unlikely to happen so I'll just wait." Kara says.

Lena wants so bad to scream out at Kara that she likes her and won't ever ghost her...but she doesn't. Instead she listens to Kara talk. "So when does she get here? Your mom?" Lena asked. "She'll be here Thursday. But don't worry girls night is still on. We'll just have my mom there." Kara said. "Oh good! Girls night has become my favorite night of the week." Lena replied with a smile. "That's good, I quite enjoy it too. It's the first time I can spend time with women who aren't Alex and not have them talk about how they can't do anything adventure because of their new nails or what have you." Kara replied. "Does that happen often? On your dates?" Lena asked.

"Only all the time. I'll ask them about their hobbies, and they say stuff like shopping, getting their hair done, nails done, that sort of thing. Then when they ask me what I enjoy they complain, and that's when the ghosting starts. It's always a one way conversation with them. It's all about them and their really tiny dogs and whatever their 'fake' friends are doing. I just want someone who I can actually have a healthy conversation with. It's even worse when I tell them about my collection of books...one girl got up and left me in a restaurant when I said that my favorite novel was 'Pride and Prejudice'. And the only thing they can come up with as a 'good' book is twilight..." Kara replied rolling her eyes.

Lena couldn't help herself. She burst out laughing at Kara. "Kara! You really do have the worst luck with women! I'm sorry about that. But I do agree with you on your taste in books." Lena added. Kara's heart skipped a beat or two at hearing Lena say that. "Oh gosh! I'm gonna be late...if I don't get going soon. I'm sorry Lena I hate to rush out but I have to." Kara said as she quickly tossed her empty containers away and grabbed her helmet. "Lunch tomorrow? I can come to Cat Co, if you like." Lena suggests. "Works for me! Call me when you're coming and I'll meet you downstairs and we can go to my office." Kara replied. "Sounds good. Have a good rest of your day Kara!" Lena said. "You too Lena!" Kara replied as the elevator doors shut.