Chapter 19 - Ethan

I walk back to my house, but when I open the door, Daniel was in there with my mom! I freeze in the doorway. They both look at me.
"Ethan." They say at the same time. Sighing, I walk inside. "Hi mom, hi Daniel.." I grumble. Daniel speaks first. "You lied to me, Ethan." He murmurs, hurt. I can't face them. I look at my shoes, my hands in my pockets. I exhale heavily. "Daniel, I.. I had to. If I told you the truth, you would stop me." I explain, still not making eye contact. I continue. "I just went to her mom's place, but she sent me off. Told me I was useless."
I finally look up. "Daniel, I just want to help! Nobody wants my help, and it's killing me! Like how Penelope is probably killing Taylor!!" I yell, crying now. Daniel takes a step back. "Wh-what..?" He asks, wide-eyed. My mom is silent, I guess Daniel told her everything. "Yes!" I say. "Miss Smith told me how Penelope is and old friend! And you'll never guess what, Daniel? Her last name is June!! Like that damn detective!!" I cry, my knees weak. I hug myself. "She said that Pene-Peneolpe was Katie's dau-daughterrr.. And t-that she left her!!" I wail. "Why did I treat Mrs. June so badly??"
I'm crying. My mom walks over and leads my to the couch, between her and Daniel. I hug her, bawling. My tears won't stop. I guess I just need to get a good cry in about everything.
Daniel is sitting there awkwardly. I want to hug him too. I want him to hold me and tell me it's going to be okay. I want him to kiss me to make me feel bet- GOD- JESUS!! Ugh, those thoughts always get so much worse when I'm in this state. It only makes me cry harder. Ugh, what am I going to do..? My mom hugs me tighter. I'm shaking in her arms. I hear the door open, and I whip my head back, praying it's Taylor, but, it's only Daniel leaving. Wh-what?! No!! My panic spikes. I can't see his face. I'm scared. Is it my fault?? I try to pull away from mom, but she holds me. I hear the door close. I growl. "Mom!! Let me go! He left!! I want him back!!!" I'm shrieking like a teenage girl, but I need my best friend back! I try to push her off, but she doesn't let go. God, I need to work out more! I'm yanking, but she's too strong. I give up, and just cry some more.
"Shh.. Listen, let Daniel have some alone time. You know he doesn't like crying in front of people." She explains. I raise up. "How do you know?! He's MY best friend!! NOT YOURS!!" I wail. Mom shakes her head. "He was signaling, Ethan." She mutters. I sigh, and pull off of her. "I'm going to my room.." I mutter, leaving. My mom looks down, upset, but I could care less right now.
I close my door, and fall on my bed to listen to Hollywood Ending.