Chapter 31 - Ethan

Lucas and I are playing video games. He's beating me by a mile. After my tenth time being beat, I put the controller down. "I suck at video games." I laugh. Lucas laughs too, patting me on the back. "Don't worry man, you'll get better. Here, wanna do something you are good at?"
"Uh, I mean I like video games, I just suck."
"I know, I know, but I wanna do something you're good at. It doesn't feel fair beating you all the time." He explains. I nod. "Well, I'm good at.." And then I stop. What am I good at? Not drawing. Really the only thing I do is listen to music and scroll on my phone.. Hm, my life is boring.
Lucas tilts his head, looking adorable as always. "Well?"
A lightbulb goes off in me. A game I haven't played in forever.. "Checkers!" I exclaim, happily. I used to be amazing at checkers. Lucas looks at me. "Checkers?" He asks. I nod, hoping he's not weirded out. He chuckles. "That's cute." Is all he says. I turn red. "Sadly, I don't have checkers." He says. I frown. "Chess?" I ask, hopeful. He shakes his head, and I frown again.
"Anything else?" He asks, clearly upset that I'm upset. I don't answer him. I'm silent. Lucas frowns, scooting closer to me on his bed. "Ethan. Don't tell me you're not good at anything but Checkers or Chess. You're too talented, and awesome for all of that!" He says. I blush. "Lucas, I'm not all that.. You barley know me!" I say. Lucas gets defensive. "Yeah, well- I know you like Hollywood Ending, Mitski, Laufey, Melanie Martinez, and Alan Walker. In that order. I know you have a friend in the hospital, I know you're obsessed about your best friend, I know your favorite colors are red and blue, specifically bright, and that you've been knowingly gay for three years now, and that your parents are divorced, AND I know one more thing!" He exclaims. I'm shocked.
"Gosh, not even Taylor knows half that stuff. But, what else do you know, if you know me so well?" I ask, kinda smug. Because not even I know anything else about myself.

Lucas smirks. "I know you'll like this." He says, before doing the extraordinary! He takes my face in his hands, and kisses me! I'm shocked, but quickly kiss back. I put one hand on his face, and the other in his hair. Lucas tries to deepen the kiss, and as much as I'd like to, I need air.
I pull back, breathing heavily. I'm extremely red. I look at Lucas, who's licking his lips, looking me dead in the eye. My heart is twirling right now! I look away again.
"So, was I right?" He asks. I'm speachless.
"Ethan?" How is he so casual about this??? I open my mouth, trying to answer, but all I push out is an; "Uh-huh.."
Lucas smirks again, and it's so. Hot. He pulls me to face him, our noses practically touching. "I'm glad you told me all those things about you today, or else I wouldn't have gotten to to that." He mutters, before kissing me again. Not as steamy as the first one. Just a lovely little peck. I pull away, and hide my heated face in my hands. Lucas is laughing, and pulls my hands off. "Chill out! It's not that serious!" He exclaims.
Not that serious? NOT THAT SERIOUS??
"I- it is that serious!! I- you! My crush! You- kissed me!!" I'm stuttering, red. I've literally known this dude a month, and now we're kissing. Oh. My god.
"Well, do you wanna make it serious?" He asks. I'm confused. Lucas chuckles. "You see, Lillian gave me a job at the café, because my whole family said I've been single too long. So, she paired us up together because she said you just; set off the gaydar." He says in quotes. I giggle. "So she wanted us to date?"
"Yeah, kinda."
"Wow." I say, before it hits me. The doubt. "But.. What if you didn't like me.? Or, if we start dating, you realize I'm too needy or something! Then what?" I ask, panicked. "Lucas, I cry a lot, you know this!" I exclaim. I'm jabbering about my fears, and don't notice when Lucas takes my shoulder. I do notice when he pulls me in for a hug, though! I hug back, going silent.
"Ethan. I'll love you no matter what. From now until forever, even if you say no, my attention will be on you."
Are- are we making wedding vows??
He continues. "You're too cute, and funny, and kind for me to not." He finishes. I'm shocked. "What?" I ask, confused. Lucas chuckles, and it warms my heart.
"Ethan, will you be my boyfriend?"
Oh! "Oh! Well, um." I pause. This will be good for me. No, great. No! Majestic for me! Right?
"Of course."
I could feel Lucas un-tense in my arms, causing me to do that same. He pulls back, and kisses me once more. It's gentle, and loving. He then lays down on his bed, pulling me with him. I lay my head on his chest. He kisses me on top of my head, pulling the cover off of both of us. "Good night, babe." He says. I flush. "Night."
He then turns off the light.