Chapter 12 - Taylor

It's all commotion in my house, and I don't like it. I stand up. "HEY!!" I yell. Daniel stops his ranting, and Ethan looks at me through his fingers. I exhale. "We may be a bunch of kids, but we're almost adults! I turn eighteen in February. Okay? And I've been doing this since I was fifteen. So." I state, before continuing. "And just because you two are new at this, doesn't mean I'm not here to help." I finish. It's dead silent. Ethan begins to slowly nod. "Right.." He says, mumbling. Daniel puts his hand on Ethan's shoulder. Ethan doesn't turn a shade of red. I smile.
"So what will we do?" Ethan asks.
"Well. Let's call the CSI station. They're off the grid. They can't get a virus." I say. The boys nod. I go to my old fashioned phone, and press the buttons, putting the phone to my ear and twirling the cord.
"Hello?" A gruff male voice answers.
"Hey, it's TS."
"Ahhh! Tay-Lee!"
I slap my face. Bobby. Bobby continues. "Whaddya need? Did you find anything new?" He asks. I nod, even though he can't see me. I go on to explain what we've found. "So, we found a pattern that may be correct. Obviously we don't know for sure, but we think that they're striking the highest security areas. Like how the bank has the highest security? Well, as it went down, it got to the phone place, and.. The place with the next highest technological security is.." I trail off, hoping Bobby will figure it out. The other end of the line is silent. "Is?" Bobby asks. I sigh. "The prison." I say. Bobby grunts on understanding. "Thank you, Taylor."
I nod again, even though he still can't see me. "Have a good day, Bobby." I say, before hanging up. I turn back to the boys. "They'll look at it."
"What do we do for now, then?" Ethan asks. I flop down onto a beanbag of mine. "Chill."
The boys look at each other, and shrug, before sitting down with me.

It's been over two days. I've been chilling at my house. Daniel and Ethan went home a couple of hours after we made that call. I'm bored. My house is picking up dust. I might wanna clean again, but before I can get up, my phone rings I pick up. "Hello?"
"TS?" A female asks. Must be the police station. "Yes?" I respond. The female continues. "Turns out you were right once again." She says brightly. I audibly sigh, relieved. The possibility of me failing has been nagging at me since I made that call. "Okay, thank you so much, ma'am." I say. The woman makes a noise of assurance, and the line goes dead. I smile, and take out my cell phone, putting away the analog, and go to the groupchat I'm in with Ethan and Daniel.

Yo, we were right.

Ethan
Frfr?!

Daniel
Bet

Yuh.

Ethan
We should celebrate!!

Ooo! Good idea, Ethan.
Daniel? What do you think?

Daniel
Sure. And, you know what
Taylor? This mission
was cool and ill
be glad to go on
another

Yay! I'm so happy.

Ethan
I'm more focused
on our celebration???

Right.

Hey.. Do you boys
like scary stuff?

Ethan
Like movies?

Nope.
426-555-778

Daniel
Is that an address?

Yeah, to a forest! They
say it's where the
kidnappers lie.

Ethan
I'm not going into
a kidnapper forest!!

Daniel
I'm not letting you
two go into a kidnapper forest!?

Oh come on!!
It's just myths.
Nobody has actually ever
been kidnapped. It's just
that people always say
it looks like that type of place.
Chill out.

Ethan
Uh maybe.. If Daniel
goes too

Daniel
No.

No balls.

Daniel
..
Fine.

Easy. I mean, who would even be out for us?