Chapter 23 - Life

"Kar! We need more apple juice too!" Lena shouted to the corridor where Kara stood on her way out to buy groceries.

As Kara left the house, she didnt leave Lena alone there. She left her to take care of their 5 year old, Olive. Olive looked like her mum, Lena, black silk hair and piercing green eyes.

"Mama," Olive cried out as Kara left.

"Hey, wanna go play?" Lena smiled trying to distract her distrought toddler from the absence of Kara, a feeling Lena could relate to.

Lena and Olive sat down on a play mat, Lena waiting for Olive to choose a game for the two of them to play.

As they sat, Lena looked at her baby, sure she could see herself in the child, but she knew everything would be different for her child. Those eyes which mirrored her own would not be brought to tears by her mothers cruelty, they would not know the grueling pain of the absence of loving parents. Lena would make sure Olive could see the world as beautiful as Kara made Lena see it.

Lena smiled, she had loved few things so purely, and she had never known the feeling of being loved back with the same force by those she loved. Now she felt that love with just a laugh, a smile or a cuddle from her family.

She felt a little hand being placed on top of hers. She looked at her daughters hand placed onto hers, then up to the worried doe eyes, which Olive had most certainly had gotten from Kara. "Mum, are you 'kay?" Right there she realized she had shed a few tears.

"Yes my love, mummy was just happy I got to play with you. So have you decided what to play?"

"Why would you cry if you're happy?"

"I dont actually know love."

"But you know everything mum?"

"I- Well Yes I do know everything"

"Then why don't you know why-"

Olive got cut off mid sentence by Lena grabbing her and tickling her. Olive laughed as Lena continued to tickle her.

"Tickle monster!!" Lena said

"Mum, mum wait. I know what we should play!!"

"What is it?" Lena stopped tickling and sat up to listen to her daughters' idea.

"Youll be the evil tickle monster and I'll be the superhero saving the city from being tickled!!" Olive smiled widly, proud of her idea.

"That's a great idea my love."

The door opened as Olive was chasing the evil tickle monster. Olive stopped for a brief second. "Mama!! You need to help me get the evil monster, we are superheroes!!" Kara smiled as she nodded and started running after Lena, who was know taking advantage of her small break trying to catch her break.

"Let's get her!" Kara yelled.

---

"You were a great superhero Babe." Lena said as they were laying in bed ready to sleep. "And you a great tickle monster." Kara said giving her wife a peck on the cheek.

"You know, I wouldnt be where I am without you, youve done so much for me, my love." Lena said cupping her hand around Kara's face.

Kara have her a kiss,
"Where is this coming from?"

"I just, I think I realized how lucky I got, with everything, with you" Lena smiled

"You being where you are now, thats work you need the credit for. And you know, I got lucky landing such a catch like you" Kara smiled kissing her wife once again.

A/n:
Do people still do this authors note thing? Hope someone enjoys this:) felt a bit sappy and missing posting my writings, so I wrote a small little chapter, hope its readable haha. I guess I used to say "as always" have a wonderful day :D

Word count? 635 words