Chapter Nine

🖤🖤

🖤🖤

ROSIE STARED DOWN AT HER PLATE, ABSENTLY PUSHING HER FOOD AROUND WITH HER FORK

She hadn't eaten much that day, her appetite dulled by the swirl of rumours, fear, and uncertainty plaguing Hogwarts. The laughter and chatter around her seemed so distant, so detached from what was actually happening. The Great Hall buzzed with students talking and joking, but Rosie felt like an outsider looking in. It was unnerving to see how many of her peers appeared indifferent to the danger lurking within the castle walls. Some even echoed Draco Malfoy's hateful words about Muggle-borns, as if they agreed that certain students didn't belong at Hogwarts.

She sighed, her thoughts weighed down by the current state of things. The air was thick with tension — rumours of the Heir of Slytherin, of the Chamber of Secrets being opened, and of students being Petrified. Every whisper, every sideways glance, seemed to carry with it an accusation. And now, inexplicably, Rosie's name had been tossed into the rumour mill. Some students suspected she was the Heir of Slytherin, simply because of her association with Tom Riddle.

"All students are to return to their house dormitories at once," Professor McGonagall's stern voice rang through the hall, cutting through Rosie's brooding thoughts. The command reverberated around her, and she sighed again, her appetite gone for good. Pushing her plate aside, she stood, collected her things, and joined the flow of students heading out of the Great Hall.

As she trudged down the hallways and toward the dungeons, Rosie felt a weight pressing down on her chest. She couldn't shake the gnawing feeling that something was terribly wrong. The rumours about the school possibly closing, about her somehow being involved, about the Heir of Slytherin — none of it made sense, and yet, all of it was swirling around her like a storm she couldn't escape.

She entered the Slytherin common room and immediately noticed the tension in the air. The room was more crowded than usual, with groups of students huddled together, talking in low voices. She overheard snippets of conversation as she passed by: more talk about the Chamber, more speculation about the Heir, and the growing fear that Hogwarts might be forced to close if things didn't change soon.