Chapter Twelve

🖤🖤

🖤🖤

NO ONE KNEW WHAT HAD HAPPENED ON THE TRAIN

The rumours had spread like wildfire the moment the students had stepped foot inside Hogwarts, and by the time Rosie was making her way back to her dorm, the whispers had reached every corner of the castle. As she walked through the corridors, she overheard a group of students talking about Harry Potter's dramatic encounter. Esmie Grisky's voice floated over the din, and Rosie slowed her step, curious.

Esmie was with Mattheo, Danielle Riddle and Lorenzo, standing by the staircase. "Potter actually fainted?" Mattheo asked, disbelief evident in his voice.

Rosie, walking a few paces behind, stole a glance at the group. Esmie nodded, her face a mixture of concern and fascination.

"Yeah, apparently it was a dementor," Esmie explained, lowering her voice slightly as if the topic was too dangerous to speak of loudly, "They're the guards of Azkaban, and they were searching the train for Sirius Black."

The mention of Sirius Black made Rosie's stomach tighten. She had followed the news about his escape from Azkaban with growing dread. Twelve years locked away, and suddenly he was free, rumoured to be seeking revenge. What could it mean for Hogwarts? And for Harry Potter? She didn't know Sirius Black personally, but the implications of his escape cast a dark shadow over the school year already.

Rosie offered the group a quick nod before continuing on her way, her thoughts preoccupied with what she'd overheard. By the time she reached her dorm, the familiar space brought a small sense of comfort. She paused in the doorway, taking in the sight of the room that had been her sanctuary for six years. It was strange, the knowledge that this would be her last year at Hogwarts, and she still didn't have a clear plan for what she wanted to do after she left. But that was a problem for future Rosie. Right now, she was content to lose herself in the rhythm of the new school year.

After setting the bag down on her bed, she pulled her robe from her trunk and headed into her ensuite to change. As she finished adjusting her robe, there was a knock on the door. She hurried over, a smile already forming on her face when she opened it to reveal Tom standing there.