Chapter Fourteen

🖤🖤

🖤🖤

SEVENTEEN

SEVENTEEN. 

Today was Rosie's seventeenth birthday, and she had been dreading it more than she cared to admit. Ever since she had overheard her parents mention that everything changed when she turned seventeen, the idea had plagued her thoughts. Now, as the day had finally arrived, she was at a loss for how to feel. With a sigh, she pulled her hair up into a high ponytail and finished her morning routine. As she made her way to the Great Hall for breakfast, she took a deep breath and hoped that no one would remember or make a fuss about her birthday.

"Rosie!" Genevieve came running over to her and hugged her tightly, catching Rosie by surprise and she hesitated before hugging Genevieve back.

"Gen —-" Rosie said softly.

"Happy birthday! How does it feel being seventeen?" Genevieve asked.

"Yeah — thank you," Rosie nodded and smiled, hugging Genevieve back before she made her way over to the Slytherin table, leaving Genevieve standing alone and confused, as Rosie sat down by herself and started eating. As she was eating breakfast, the owls arrived to drop the mail and Rosie saw her owl landing in front of her, holding a letter. Upon seeing it was address to her, Rosie took the letter from her owl, thanking him before he flew away. Rosie took a deep breath before opening the letter and reading it.

Rosalia,

It is expected that you return home for the holidays without delay. Arrangements will be made for your transport, and you are to arrive at the estate by the evening of December 20th. There will be no excuses for tardiness or absence.

We trust that your time at Hogwarts has not distracted you from the priorities we have set. Your continued progress in your studies will be evaluated upon your return. Do not disappoint.

Further instructions will be provided upon your arrival.

Rosie frowned as she read the letter before scrunching it up and shoving it into the pocket of her robe. She had no intentions of returning home, especially considering she knew her parents had plans for her and so she decided to ignore the letter. She pushed her plate of food away from her, having lost her appetite and instead, she got up and left the Great Hall, walking past Tom, who frowned as he saw Rosie walking away from him.