Chapter 4

My mind was in a mess, my heart was beating fast, and my throat felt like a ball of cotton was stuffed in it, and I couldn't spit it out or swallow it.

  He stopped interrupting the conversation between the professor and Qu Mubai, and after obediently exchanging contact information with the male protagonist, he stopped disturbing the conversation between the big guys and pulled Pan Yuhang away.

  "Oh my god! Third brother, you are so rich! That's the Qu family!!! Why don't you say anything? Do you feel it's a dream? Not only you, but even I, a bystander, feel a bit dreamy..."

  Wen Heng forced a smile and said, "I won't go to eat yet. I feel a little uncomfortable. I'll go back to the dormitory first."

  He urgently needs a quiet place to calm down.

  "Uncomfortable? Then go back quickly! I'll bring you food!"

  "good."

  After nodding in agreement, Wen Heng turned around and walked quickly towards the dormitory.

  As if in line with his suppressed emotions, the originally clear and cloudless sky soon became dim, dark clouds surged on the horizon, the air began to become humid and sultry, large raindrops fell intermittently, and it seemed that a downpour was brewing.

  The bangs that had been dried with great difficulty got wet again and hung down limply. Wen Heng walked faster and faster. Finally, the moment he stepped into the dormitory door, there was a muffled thunder and heavy rain poured down.

  He didn't turn on the light, but walked straight to his bed and buried himself in the quilt.

  how come?

  Could it be that the plot of this world cannot be changed? But when I first came here, the plot was already different from that in the book!

  Or, the details of the plot can be changed, but the main plot is irreversible. So, he still has to follow the plot, get entangled with the male protagonist, be morally kidnapped by his biological parents, and...

  He will still die!

  The rain outside the window was falling regardless, but the whole dormitory was extremely quiet, so quiet that Wen Heng could hear his own breathing becoming increasingly heavy.

  He felt his head becoming increasingly confused, and eventually he was dragged into endless darkness.

  When he woke up, the rain had stopped, but the sky had turned completely dark. He stared at the ceiling for a while, and after making sure that he hadn't gone back, he took out his phone from under his pillow and checked the time. It was three forty-five. Just as he was about to put it down, a message popped up on the screen.

  【I'll pick you up at 5pm.】

  Wen Heng stared at their chat interface for a long time, and finally resigned himself to his fate and replied with an OK.

  He sighed, slid his fingertips up and down the screen, and somehow clicked on Qu Mubai's avatar.

  Sure enough, it was blank except for this avatar.

  Wen Heng enlarged the avatar.

  This seems to be a specially customized double portrait. The man in the black bat-shirt jacket is slightly bent over with a smile on his face. He is holding a rose in his hand and is about to insert it into the ear of the boy with a backpack opposite him.

  Is this the male protagonist and his father?

  Wen Heng clicked exit without thinking too much, rubbed his temple and got up from the bed. Unexpectedly, he found Pan Yuhang sitting on the bed opposite him with his legs hanging in the air, staring at his phone without saying a word.

  A little strange?

  "What's wrong?" Wen Heng asked.

  "Hmm?" The sudden sound made Pan Yuhang, who was immersed in his own thoughts, look up suddenly. He paused for a few seconds before reacting and waved his hands hurriedly, "It's okay, it's okay. By the way, I put your meal on the table for you. I saw you were sleeping and didn't call you. It might be a little cold."

  "It's okay." Wen Heng got out of bed, took a shower, changed his dirty clothes, ate two mouthfuls of rice and put down his chopsticks, looking like he was ready to go out.

  My roommate next to me was curious, "Are you going to work again?"

  It seemed that Pan Yuhang didn't tell them what happened today, and Wen Heng didn't plan to say that Qu Mubai was looking for him. He took an umbrella from the locker and didn't look back.

  "I have something to do outside. If you come back late, please leave the door open for me."

  After saying that, he hurried out.

  As soon as I arrived at the school gate, my phone rang. It was a message from Qu Mubai.

  [Across from you, come here. ]