Chapter 12

Just as he reached the elevator entrance, the door opened, the person inside went out, and the person outside came in, passing by each other. Wen Heng turned around and met the gaze of that person who turned back to look at him.

  What kind of look is that?

  Wen Heng's heart was slightly moved.

  Shock, disbelief, and... a hint of fear.

  The elevator door slowly closed. Out of "politeness", Wen Heng smiled, and through the last gap he saw that the fear in the other person's eyes was even greater.

  She had long, soft hair that reached her waist, a clean, simple white dress, and a pretty but sickly, pale face...

  Wen Heng couldn't help but narrow his eyes.

  Isn't this the sickly beauty in the original text, his good sister who was born with the same womb but had a different fate, Qiao Bai?

  The arrow of the elevator was pointing downwards. In the silent space, Wen Heng stared at the black and white calf on the mug with a dark and unclear look in his eyes.

  The two met after the original body broke up with the male protagonist. The distraught original body was walking on the street and accidentally bumped into Qiao Bai who was coming towards her. The two looked at each other and felt that the other looked too much like themselves.

  Then not long after, Qiao's parents came to the school. The original self, who had been an orphan since childhood, was very surprised by this sudden family affection. He thought that although he had lost love, he had found his family. Little did he know that he had just jumped from one deep pit to another.

"She is your biological sister! Isn't it your responsibility to donate a kidney to her?"

  "Mom and Dad are so old now, do they really want us to get stabbed?"

  "I carried you in my womb for ten months and gave birth to you. Now I ask you for help, why do you refuse?"

  "Please, save me!"

  The fingers slowly tightened, Wen Heng had a blank expression on his face, his eyes staring blankly at the fingers that had already turned white. After a while, a sneer sounded in the elevator.

  How can it be so natural and justified?

  Qiao Bai likes Qu Mubai, so naturally he often comes to the company to find him. However, Zhong Yuan is being raised by the male protagonist like a canary, so the two would never meet here. It was an accidental encounter the first time he was brought here by Qu Mubai. It was magical.

  But since it has already happened, the day when he meets the Qiao family is not far away, which also means that the day when he donates a kidney is not far away. In addition, this fucked-up plot cannot be reversed.

  "grass!"

  Student Wen uttered the first swear word since he came into this world.

  I don't know how long Wen Heng stayed downstairs before he went upstairs reluctantly. Qiao Bai had already left. In the office, only Qu Mubai was still looking at the documents tirelessly.

  His modeling was almost finished, and he sat in a chair, observing the construction in the office with boredom.

  The black and white combination is clean and simple. The whole office looks deserted, except for the window. Wen Heng stood up and walked forward. The carefully trimmed branches, the valuable bottle, and the water droplets on the petals showed that the owner took good care of this bouquet of roses.

  "What's wrong?"

  I don't know when Qu Mubai came over, picked up the kettle next to him and sprayed the roses twice.

  "It's okay," Wen Heng straightened up, just as Qu Mubai lowered his head, and saw the obvious earring hole on his left earlobe, and the small tattoo on the back of his neck, a blooming rose.

  Somehow, Wen Heng suddenly remembered his social profile picture.

  "Do you... like roses very much?"