Chapter 8

"Really?" Pan Yuhang answered casually.

  "For money, for face, what else could it be for?"

  "Yeah?"

  "if not?"

  After typing the last sentence, Pan Yuhang stared at the screen of his phone for a long time, as if he was talking to Wen Heng, or as if he was talking to himself.

  "But it's better not to fall in love."

  "Um?"

  Wen Heng took out the bank card from his pocket. Under the dazzling incandescent light, he felt a little dazed.

  Forget it, he put the bank card in his wallet, picked up the towel next to him and got out of bed, "Tomorrow is Saturday, let's go out and play!"

  "You're not going to work part-time?! Fine!"

  Wen Heng smiled but said nothing. He put the towel on his shoulders and walked into the bathroom. There wasn't much time left anyway, so he might as well enjoy every minute. As for living off women, his teeth are almost falling out, so why would he eat hard food?

  He had just turned on the shower when the phone on the bed suddenly lit up.

  Qu Mubai stared at the screen. The latest message he sent was ten minutes ago. The other party did not reply.

  ...

  He sat quietly at his desk, his fingertips unconsciously rubbing the back of his neck until the skin felt hot. A few minutes later, he compromised and made a phone call.

  The other party answered the phone quite quickly, but the noisy sound coming from the sound hole made it easy to guess where he was.

  "What do you want to see me for?"

  "Let me ask you, how to fall in love."

  "Poof..." All the whiskey that had just entered his mouth was sprayed out. Lu Zhiming took out a piece of paper and wiped the corner of his mouth. He couldn't believe it.

  "Fuck, Qu Mubai, have you come to terms with it?"

  As Qu Mubai's childhood friend, Lu Zhiming could be said to have watched him grow up. However, no matter how taciturn he was in middle school or how unruly he became in college, he had never seen Qu Mubai say that he liked anyone.

  "who is it?!"

  "...Don't worry about it." In the dark room, only the phone screen was emitting a faint white light. Qu Mubai's Adam's apple moved slightly, and his voice was a little hoarse.

  "Just tell me the steps of falling in love."

  "What can you do when you're in love? Eat, go shopping, watch movies. Of course, if you develop quickly..." Even through the screen, one could sense the ambiguity in Lu Zhiming's tone, "Going to third base is not impossible."

  "Bye."

  "No, no, no, I'm serious." Why can't you take a joke? Lu Zhiming touched his nose and asked, "What type of person is your partner? Lolita, mature lady, or poor little girl."

  Qu Mubai thought about it and realized that although he had accepted the prescription, he was after all taken medicine and had no strength, and Wen Heng was also very frail, so he chose the last one without hesitation.

"That's easy. Just be nice to her. Buy her bags and shoes. Buy her whatever she wants. Pamper her. Have you ever seen a domineering on TV fall in love with me? Aren't the heroines there all pitiful?"

  "......Do you think it fits?"

  "Why is it inappropriate? If not, just add some cheesy love words." The voice on the other end of the phone sounded a little anxious. Sure enough, Lu Zhiming's voice came the next second, "I won't talk to you for now. I see a very hot girl here. Bye!"

  He hung up the phone, leaving Qu Mubai alone in front of his phone, thinking. He couldn't help but click on the search box - how to say love words well. Just then a message came in, and he clicked on it to see the chat interface between him and Wen Heng.

  A simple sentence under the avatar of Crayon Shin-chan eating buns,

  ——I just went to take a shower. Are you there yet? Go to bed early.