Chapter 36

Unexpectedly, his mumbling was heard, and Qu Mubai immediately got angry, "Just tell me what you heard."

  "Don't miss it in the future." Wen Heng rubbed the child's head, "Don't worry, I will be with you on your birthday in the future."

  "...The most important moments in life are not just birthdays..." Unexpectedly, he became serious. I don't know where he heard this from. He counted with his chubby little fingers to Wen Heng, "Primary school to junior high school, junior high school to high school, high school to university, and engagement, marriage, you have to attend these too!"

"Engagement usually involves a meeting between the parents of both parties. Why would I go there?"

  "I don't care!" Hearing the rebuttal, the child was unhappy, his face puffed up, and he was unreasonable, "Anyway...anyway, you have to come over."

  "Did you hear me!"

  "Okay, okay, okay. I'll try my best." Wen Heng comforted him and handed him the drink beside him. "Eat quickly. We still have to go to the amusement park later!"

  ...

  Eleven years old, twelve years old, thirteen years old, from primary school to junior high school, fourteen years old...

  Every year, Wen Heng came as promised, but the time seemed to be shortening slowly, from two or three days at the beginning, to a day and a night, a day, half a day... In the end, only a few hours were left for the two of them.

  But at least, the two of them can complete every year's tradition.

  It was not until Qu Mubai's seventeenth birthday that the two of them came out of KFC. Under the scorching sun, Wen Heng couldn't help but squint his eyes.

  "How long can you stay this time?" Qu Mubai also felt hot. He licked the ice cream in his hand and felt the heat subside a little.

  "Hmm... I don't know either."

  "I'm going to take the college entrance exam in a few days..." Qu Mubai didn't look up, his eyes fixed on the ice cream in his hand, as if he wanted to stare a hole in it. "Can you come?"

  "It should be possible." Wen Heng frowned, feeling that the sun was too hot this year. Should they still go to the amusement park later?

  As he was thinking, Qu Mubai beside him pursed his lips, as if he was nervous about something, and deliberately cleared his throat.

  "Then I'll tell you something."

  "What's the matter?" Wen Heng felt like he was about to melt from the heat.

  "I'll tell you then... Also, remember to bring a bunch of red roses to celebrate my college entrance exam."

  "Rose?" Wen Heng was puzzled. "Are red roses used for celebration?"

  "Why do you care so much? Just take me if I'm told to!"

  "Okay, can you tell me what it is now?"

  "cannot!"

  ...Okay, if you don't want to talk about it, then don't talk about it. Wen Heng used his hands as a fan and fanned himself twice, deciding to skip this topic and instead bring up a more important issue at the moment.

  It's so hot, let's not go to the amusement park.

  Fortunately, Qu Mubai was not so stubborn about the amusement park. In the end, the two of them discussed it and decided not to go to the amusement park on Children's Day for the first time because they were really too sunburned.