Chapter 44

With a click, the door closed, completely isolating the orange light from outside.

  In the dim room, the two of them were very close, so close that they could feel each other's breathing.

  "What's wrong?" Wen Heng trapped the person between himself and the cabinet, lowered his head slightly, and gently pursed the other person's lips, tossing and turning, "Hmm?"

  ...

  The arm on Wen Heng's neck slowly tightened. This state of wanting to kiss but not wanting to kiss was really torturous. Qu Mubai raised his head and wanted to kiss him, but he kissed nothing.

  "Wen Heng!"

  He tried to push Wen Heng's head down with his hands, but someone grabbed his wrist and pressed him against the wall.

  "do not move."

The sound of the man's breathing as he came closer made him feel numb all over. He felt a soft wet sensation near his ears again, and even the sound he heard was somewhat bewitching.

  "I told you to call me something nice. Be good and call me one."

  "..."

  Qu Mubai bit his lower lip and felt like he was going crazy. The sob was stuck in his throat and he was afraid it would come out as soon as he opened his mouth.

  The whole room was silent, the two figures in Xuanhuan were tightly entangled, and finally,

  "... old... husband."

  "......good."

  Wen Heng let go of his hand and picked him up by the waist before Qu Mubai could relax, causing him to scream.

  "What?!"

  "Didn't you say you were cold?" Wen Heng used his shoulder to turn on the main light in the living room. The sudden light made Qu Mubai cover his eyes with his hands. Wen Heng lifted him up and walked towards the bedroom with steady steps.

  "It's warm in bed."

  ...

  Darkness is the best protective color. The big bed covered with black and gray sheets wraps people like the sea water, stimulating and exciting them with the trembling of the soul, overwhelming like a wave.

  ...

  The moon was hanging at the top of the tree. Wen Heng was half leaning on the bed and suddenly wanted to smoke a cigarette. He was surprised by his own thought and couldn't help laughing out loud.

  "What's wrong?" Qu Mubai, who was standing next to him, curled up in the quilt with only his head showing. He looked at Wen Heng with two strands of silly hair, his ignorant eyes like a child who knows nothing about the world.

  "It's okay." Wen Heng rubbed his head, picked up the phone beside the bed and checked the time. It was half past nine. He pursed his lips unconsciously and turned to look at Qu Mubai who was staring at the ceiling, wondering what he was thinking.

  "When are the fireworks Miss Mary was talking about?"

  "Hmm?" Qu Mubai leaned over and thought for a while, "I don't know. She only said two months later, but didn't say the specific time."

  ...Wen Heng checked the time again.

  "She should be asleep now. Let's ask her tomorrow."

  "Um."