Chapter 51

The huge joy bloomed in his heart like fireworks. Qu Mubai tried hard to control the corners of his mouth. He turned his head to prevent Wen Heng from seeing his expression. His tone sounded nonchalant.

  "Just get married, why are you so excited?"

  Qu Mubai walked forward, but he held back his left hand that was grabbed by Wen Heng. He walked and stopped along the way, but he never let go of this hand.

  "...Isn't it wrong to be a little excited?" Wen Heng scratched the back of his head, took two quick steps to walk side by side with Qu Mubai, and waved his right hand to attract the other's attention, "Look at me."

  "dont see."

  "Just one glance!"

  "...What are you doing?" Qu Mubai couldn't stand his constant nagging and turned his head impatiently, but he just happened to see Wen Heng kneeling on one knee, his eyes sparkling under the orange light. The two people's hands held together did not separate, but just changed their posture. The man kneeling on one knee might be nervous. He rummaged in his pocket with his left hand for a long time before taking out a small blue box. He opened it with a slight force with his index finger, and there was a plain ring lying quietly inside. There was no gorgeous decoration, but it still made Qu Mubai immersed in a huge pink bubble.

  The soles of his feet felt as soft as if they were stepping on cotton. In great surprise, Qu Mubai heard Wen Heng say,

  "Mr. Qu, are you willing to marry me?"

  On the cold street, under the snowy sky, next to the orange light, the man knelt on one knee, his eyes full of expectation, until the white and slender hand reached in front of him.

"What are you standing there for? Why don't you bring it with you!"

  "Oh, okay, okay." Although the two have been through a lot together, they still have some different feelings about the first proposal. Wen Heng stupidly put the ring on Qu Mubai's ring finger, held his hand and looked left and right, and couldn't help laughing out loud.

  Qu Mubai lowered his eyes and looked at his stupid expression. He couldn't help but started laughing too.

  Fool!

  "Why don't you get up? How long are you going to kneel down?"

  "Hmm? Oh."

  Wen Heng stood up, brushed the dust off his knees, and turned his gaze to the man who was staring at the extra ring on his finger. Something in his heart was about to overflow. He pulled Qu Mubai into his arms, and before he could react, he sealed his lips with his.

  The weather was very cold, and the air was filled with a biting chill, but the two people didn't care about that. The figures under the street light hugged each other tightly and exchanged a passionate kiss.

  ...

  "When did you buy the ring?"

  Qu Mubai seemed to be unable to see enough, and from time to time he would touch the ring he had just obtained, his eyes filled with happiness that he could not hide.

  "I participated in a competition before. The prize money came down a few days ago, so I bought it." Wen Heng pulled the man who was staring at the ring to prevent him from accidentally bumping into the tree, and then continued:

  "This is actually a couple's ring. It's not worth much. I saw other couples have one, so I wanted to buy one to wear with you. But when you mentioned getting married today, I got carried away and knelt down."