Chapter 38

The girl in the dessert area opposite had no idea that she had become the star of other people's conversations. She was picking up a piece of strawberry mousse and putting it into her mouth, feeling the silky cream melting in her mouth instantly. The aroma of strawberries instantly enveloped her entire mouth. She was so happy that she was about to fly. Her eyes narrowed into a crescent shape and she glanced to the side casually. Her eyes, which had originally been indifferent, suddenly lit up. She didn't expect to meet an acquaintance!

  She immediately walked towards Qu Mubai and Lu Zhiming, but she did not forget to pick up a plate of taro mille-feuille as she left.

  Lu Zhiming looked at the sweetheart who had just made his heart beat fast walking towards him. He unconsciously raised his hand to touch his hair and straightened his crooked tie. He also asked,

  "She's coming towards us, isn't she? Do you know her?"

  "I don't know her." Qu Mubai couldn't stand the embarrassing look of him being unable to walk when seeing a beautiful woman, so he drank the red wine in the glass, put it on the table and prepared to leave. Although he felt that the woman was somewhat familiar, he couldn't remember where he had seen her before, so he simply pretended not to know her. He was upset to see the extremely familiar coat, so he might as well walk away to avoid seeing anything. But he didn't expect that as soon as he took a step, he was stopped by the girl who was coming towards them excitedly.

  "Hey, Qu Mubai! Why did you run when you saw me?!"

  This familiar accent, this loud voice...

  "Qiao Bai?!"

  Lu Zhiming couldn't believe it. He looked Qiao Bai up and down carefully. The girl in front of him was wearing sky-high heels. Although she was covered with a loose coat, he could still vaguely see her explosive figure when she walked, especially the big black wavy curls. The exquisite makeup made her temperament even more charming.

  The bland little white flower suddenly turned into a dazzling wild rose...

  "You...are you really Qiao Bai?"

  "What's wrong? You don't recognize me just because I changed my clothes? Is it that serious?"

  "Did you change your outfit?" Lu Zhiming still looked incredulous. "You changed your head, right? We are all family. Tell me, where did you get it done?"

  "...Are your butt and head connected in reverse? You talk so rudely, and your brain is full of shit, right?" Qiao Bai rolled his eyes and stuffed the last bite of taro paste into his mouth, too lazy to pay attention to the idiot in front of him.

  "Why are you so rude, little girl? Besides, if I introduce someone to you, you can earn a commission."

  "..." Qiao Bai completely ignored him, reached out and tightened his coat, feeling that it was not a wise choice for him to come over.

  Qu Mubai, who had been watching her bickering with Lu Zhiming in silence, spoke up as if unintentionally after seeing her subtle movements.

  "Your boyfriend gave it to you?"

  "Hmm?" Qiao Bai didn't react to what he was saying for a moment, until Lu Zhiming pointed at her coat, then she suddenly realized.

  "Oh, no." Although she wanted to... but reality did not allow it, Qiao Bai spread her hands helplessly, "This is my brother's. I just went to have dinner with him this afternoon, and he saw that I was not wearing much, so he lent me his coat."

  "You are looking for Wen Heng very diligently every day." Lu Zhiming interjected.

  "Does it have anything to do with you? I'm not going across the ocean to find my brother. Why would you, a self-recommended customs official, interfere?"