Chapter 40

He felt like his head was spinning a bit from everything he was putting together in his mind. It was the main reason he'd decided to distract himself with Maddie. He could easily get lost in his thoughts right now, picking everything apart. Something he really didn't need to do, but that was all he'd done over the last few months. He couldn't help himself. His mind was a blank slate, and finding out all the weird random things he had about himself was sort of shocking.

Finding out that he probably wasn't human, he could survive things that should have killed him, he was stronger than the second strongest werewolf in this pack who was supposedly much stronger than a human, and most importantly, that this beautiful woman before him was probably his soulmate, was definitely a bit overwhelming. Well maybe not a bit.

The connection between them was undeniable, and his need to strengthen that connection, to lose himself deep inside her was driving him right now. Every instinct in him was telling him he needed to. He needed to claim her, to mark her as his. To protect her. Something inside him screamed that she was his.

And Maddie and her lips were a distraction in themself and John was more than eager to get lost in her, and out of his own mind. She was his break from reality and the fact that he had no idea who he was, or what he was for that matter. What any of all of this craziness really meant.

And it was crazy. He wasn't sure how to wrap his head around it all, or if he even wanted to. Sometimes it was almost easier when he didn't know anything. Almost. No, it would be easier if he had his memories back and all of this was his norm, things he probably never thought twice about. He'd give anything to be that guy right about now. One who could indulge in Maddie without other thoughts plaguing his mind.

He'd shared more with her tonight than he'd planned to, more than he'd shared with anyone so far. He realized he might end up telling her everything, but he needed to be cautious. He was so relaxed around her though; she felt like home. Well, except his dick, which was straining to get out of his sweats. It was never relaxed around her.

Maddie showing up dressed the way she was tonight had been an instant turn on. Like he wasn't aroused every time he was around her anyway. That was just the way it was. He dealt with it and the fact that he couldn't just have sex with her straight out of the gate, even though he desperately wanted to. But that had rapidly become his norm, being turned on every time he was around her. It was like his dick had Maddie radar and woke up the moment she came within distance for him to smell her sweet, amazing scent.

But now, she was laying on his bed and responding to his kisses like she needed him to breathe. She was clinging to him too and making small noises in the back of her throat that were turning him on even more. Yes, he most definitely could get lost here, with her, between her thighs, if things progressed that far.

Though at this point, he might as well be a virgin, and his confidence wasn't great when it came to sex. The only thing he knew was from his dreams. His incredibly erotic dreams with her. What if he really was a virgin? He doubted it, but he had no idea how old he was, so it wasn't completely out of the realm of possibility.  Not that his dick cared. It just wanted to be buried inside of her. Every single noise she made, his dick appreciated very much.

John stopped the kiss and stared down at her, aware that he needed to back off or he was going to push this too far. He wanted her way too much and he didn't need to lose control. It would be so easy to with her, and he didn't want to upset her any more than he already did at work. He wrapped his arm around her and settled down on his pillow, turning her on her side so that she was facing him.

"You know, you wear less clothes to work," Maddie pointed out, running a hand over his not so bare chest, down over his abs and across the waistband of his sweats, making his cock twitch.

He smirked at her. "That's true. How long are you staying in my bed tonight, Madeline?"

She frowned at him. "Do you want me to leave?"

"Of course not, but I'm thinking about flipping out the light and crawling under the blankets if you're staying for a while." Because if I keep making out with you like this, I'm going to end up fucking you.

"I'll stay as long as you'll have me," she responded, which sent more desire spiraling through him.

"So you're moving in," he murmured, kissing her forehead. Much safer at this point than her mouth. She was staying in his bed tonight. His two favorite women would be sleeping with him. Maddie and Susie.

Her breath caught and John let go of her and got out of bed. He walked over and flipped out the light and then turned back to the bed. He could easily see her, he realized. Interesting. And she was still so absolutely beautiful, it took his breath away. "Maddie?"

"Yeah?" Her gaze darted towards him, though she didn't look directly at him.

"Can you see me?"

"Not really. My eyes haven't adjusted yet." She grew quiet for a second, then suddenly, she sat up and pulled off her tank top.

John's breath caught as he stared at her. She wasn't wearing a bra and her perfect tits were on full display for him. His gaze moved over them slowly and he watched her reach up and run her fingers over her own nipples. She had the most perfect set of tits and he'd been dying to see them ever since he'd laid eyes on her. "Maddie. You're so bad," he murmured, watching her pull on her own nipples.

"You can see me perfectly, can't you?" She rolled them between her fingers and sighed softly.

"Yes, I can see you playing with your tits. You're so beautiful. I'm going to turn on the lamp," he warned her, not sure how comfortable she'd feel doing what she was doing in the light.

A smile crossed her face and she laid back, pulling the blankets up, which was rather disappointing. But if she was sleeping in his bed, he knew he'd be seeing her tits again before the night was over. He wasn't missing that opportunity.

John flipped on the lamp and pulled off his T-shirt, tossing it on the chair. "If you're sleeping topless, so am I."

"Okay," she breathed. "And if I take off my shorts?"

He swung around and stared at her. "I can't guarantee I'll keep my hands off of you." Nor did he want to. She was such a tease, coming in his room, crawling in his bed, pulling her sexy little tank top off and playing with her tits for him.

To his surprise, she shimmied out of her shorts and dropped them on the floor. "I don't want you to keep your hands to yourself, John. But I do want you to take off your sweats before you get in bed with me."

He breathed out slowly, knowing she was practically naked in his bed. He wasn't going to make it through the night without fucking her. He highly doubted he had that much control. And she was such a temptation. Coming to his bed and yanking off most of her clothes was just rude unless she wanted his hands on her. He felt like turning her over his knee and smacking her perky little ass.

John blinked, wondering where the hell that thought had come from. He then lowered his sweats and slipped them off, leaving on just his boxers. She'd know he was turned on now, but oh well. She probably already knew. It wasn't like it wasn't fairly obvious in his sweats. He watched her gaze move over him and saw her breathing grow harsher. The sexual tension between them was almost as tangible as the connection between them. The one that was driving him crazy.

He walked over to his bed and pulled back the blankets, and that's when he realized something that made his cock even harder. She wasn't wearing any panties. "You naughty girl," he growled.

She giggled. "Which means you are wearing too much."

He lifted his brows at her as he dropped the blankets. "Maddie." She was killing him. Slowly and painfully. And he was all for it.

"Yes?" She sounds so innocent and not like she was lying in his bed completely naked, teasing him.