Chapter 53

"Hawk?"

He hesitated for a second, debating whether to give her that information or not. He was going to have to trust her. He really was going to have to take a chance if he wanted to get his life back. Well here went nothing. "Yeah I am," he responded. "Who's Hawk?"

"Hawk is your wolf," she said. "He's silver."

His head snapped up at that. Silver? Like his dream wolf? "With black streaked through his fur?"

Kyra smiled. "Yeah. How did you know?"

"I've dreamed of him. Many times," he said quietly.

"When did you even figure out you were a werewolf?" she asked.

"In the last few days." Xavier ran his hand over his face. "A doctor here did another brain scan. She has a thing for brains, I guess. She told me I was one."

She reached out and gently touched him. "You need to come home. Get that thing out of your brain, and then everything will make sense again. I promise. You'll remember who you really are, and it'll help you to reconnect with your wolf. Everything will be so much clearer then.*

He nodded. "I need to talk to Maddie and Rita."

"Who's Maddie and Rita?"

"Rita owns the hotel and Maddie is her daughter," Xavier said. "When are we leaving?"

"As soon as you're ready. I'm not here alone, though. Your father is with me, along with Ragnar," Kyra said.

His father was here as well? "Who is Ragnar?"

"He does all of the training. Teaches the newest generation how to fight. He's very good at it. He also has a nose like no other, so he came along just in case we might have a hard time finding you. He knew you were here when we walked inside the hotel," Kyra said with a big smile.

"Where are they?" Every time he'd seen Kyra, she'd been alone.

"They're in their rooms. We didn't want to overwhelm you since we were aware you probably weren't going to know who any of us were. We also didn't want to freak you out and cause you to run," she said quietly.

Xavier tensed but nodded. He was still nervous about all of this. He couldn't help himself. For all he knew, she could work for the lab and her and the two men she was with could be here to collect him and bring him back.

He sighed. He was being completely paranoid. He needed to trust her. "Do you mind waiting here while I go talk to them?"

She nodded. "Would you like me to pack up your things?"

"Yeah, that would be fine. Can I bring Susie?" He wasn't leaving her here.

"The cat?" Kyra looked around for the furry creature.

He nodded.

She laughed. "I think it's hilarious that you have a cat, but you don't live with me, Xavier. You have your own place, so if you want her, then bring her. It's your apartment."

"She was Paul's though I think she likes me better than she ever did him," he said with a laugh, trying to force himself to relax. "But he gave me a home for ten weeks, and giving her a home is the least I can do."

She nodded. "I completely understand. Go talk to who you need to. I'll get your stuff together."

He nodded, and walked out of the room, glancing around. There wasn't anyone around, which made him feel a bit better. He had a feeling if Kyra was serious about taking him prisoner, she probably wouldn't have let him out of her sight. He headed down the hall and back to the front desk.