16. A dangerous discovery

Aditi took Avantika with her and they found an empty classroom. Aditi made Avantika to sit down on one of the desk.

"Now tell me, what's going on between you and Advait," Aditi asked.

"I don't know from where to start," Avantika told her.

"Start from the beginning then," Aditi replied.

"So, I always liked Advait, since forever, but this semester I thought of doing something about it. That's why I tried to get into their so called elite group by that dance thing and..." Avantika was saying.

"You cannot enter their group by that, they organise fest but they don't let in the performers just cause they might be talented, their group is more than that. And if you loved Advait, why didn't you tell me earlier? You have gone too far and I feel I can't save you anymore. But before I tell more, tell me everything, how you ended up getting in his car that day, why he offered you one?" Aditi seemed tensed.

"One day I was able to save him while he was fighting some other guys. I told him to look back and saved from a hit by some baseball or whatever, since then he's nice to me. Then we met one time and maybe that's why it happened," Avantika told her but withhold three events from her best friends.

These three events were - Avantika seeing Advait naked in his shower, Avantika sending him the message and Avantika and Advait decided on a date.

"Avantika, you need to get your shit together and never ever meet Advait or his friends and never ever try to be part of their group. Are you clear about that?" Aditi asked her.

"Why not? If I am building a friendship with Advait, what's wrong in it? Isn't he very helpful for his friends? If I am in danger, I can seek his help too," Avantika said.

"If you are in danger, you will call us, and we are your friends. Look, you will never be part of the Elite group, just be sure of that," Aditi said, quite loudly, as if she was yelling at her.

"Why not?" Avantika asked, innocently.

"Because you are not rich like them and your dad isn't some politician or businessman. And the worst part is that even if they let you in, they gonna just treat you bad. Trust me, I am just trying to help you, and it's not just some fun college group, they have a bigger plan and trust me, you need to stay away from that," Aditi said.

"Can you say it clearly? What's the thing? Why they are bad? Why do you want me to stay away from them?" Avantika asked, she was getting annoyed by now and also feeling that maybe Aditi is jealous of her.

"I don't know what that is but the guy you are in love with, he is not a good person. He was involved in something bad a few years ago," Aditi said.

"What bad thing?" Avantika asked.

Aditi sat on on the desk opposite to her, "Don't ask me how I know this because I have promised on my life that I would never tell that person's name. Do you remember when there were riots a few years ago? Advait was involved in transporting guns to the rioters,"

"What?" Avantika was shocked to hear that.

"Yeah, I don't know if he was involved more in it or not, if he killed anyone himself but he was involved in it by supplying guns and swords and other things to the rioters," Aditi told her.

"Why would he do that?" Avantika couldn't understand it.

"Maybe for his politician uncle, I don't know but what I know is that he isn't a good guy. He has blood on his hands, even if indirectly. Do you still want to love him?" Avantika asked her.

"I don't know now, I just don't know. But why you never told me this? And does other people know it? Payal, Naina, Arjun, Mehwish and others?"

"They all know it and they probably support him," Aditi said.

"I can't understand it," Avantika was losing her mind now.

"That is why I am telling you to stay away from them, what they do is something we can't even understand." Aditi said and made Avantika to think hard.

End of chapter-16

Hey, lovelies, how are you all? Are you enjoying the story? Any suggestions? Any criticism?
Target for this chapter - 4 votes, 1 comment.