Chapter 14

Watching Travis get engaged on TV broke my heart.

I decided to get tickets for the last game of the season, a friendly match organized by the Chiefs.

I decided to call Joe along the way.

"Taylor, how are you?"

"Joe, I'm sorry, but I don't love you anymore, or not really. I love Travis. He's the man of my life, not you. I'm leaving you, Joe. For good." And I hung up without letting him speak.

---

Two weeks later.

I drove to the stadium, deciding to arrive in the middle of the match.

I found myself, by chance, in the suite with Jason, Kylie, and Blake.

In the suite next door were Kayla, Travis's fiancée, and Brit.

When I arrived, Jason looked at me and motioned for me to step out of the suite so we could talk.

"What are you doing here? Have you lost your mind?"

"Jason, I was going through a difficult phase, and being without Travis and seeing him with someone else made me realize that I love him more than anything. Please, Jason, tell me she's not that great."

"She's great."

"Jason, I know you're lying."

"Okay, it's true that things aren't that great between Kayla and Travis. She cheats on him, but he refuses to admit it, and she asked him to propose to her in front of everyone."

"Please tell me you can help me see him."

"I can ask Kylie to stay with Kayla for 5 minutes, and I can get you in her place, near the locker rooms."

"Thank you, Jason, really. I've missed you all."

"We've missed you too, Tay."

I gave him a hug.

At the end of the game, Jason got me through, and I waited for Travis to come out.

Once he did, he looked at me and looked around to see if anyone was there.

Then he grabbed my arm and took me to the gym across from the locker rooms.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE?" He yelled at me.

"I'm here for you, Travis. You were right, you're the man of my life and I'm the woman of yours."

"How dare you come back like nothing happened after breaking my heart and getting back with your ex."

"Trav—"

"No, let me finish. Do you know what it's like to see the woman you love in the same hallway as her ex? Do you know what it's like to see the person I considered the love of my life leave? Do you know what it's like to end up in the hospital, hoping at least to get a good luck message?"

"Travis, I'm sorry."

"You know what, Taylor, forget it. You and me, we're done. I can't do this anymore."

"But I love you, Travis."

"I love you too, Tay, and you know that better than anyone, but I can't."

"Trav—"

"Goodbye, Taylor. Take care."

---

Three weeks later.

I was invited to an event tonight. I decided to wear a green dress and do a simple blowout.

 I decided to wear a green dress and do a simple blowout