Chapter 15

Sorry for the wait, I promise I'll give you several chapters.

---

On the way back to the hotel, I wanted to enjoy my evening with Travis, knowing it was my last night in France. Plus, he would soon be heading back to the United States to prepare for the new season and get ready for camp. But I was too tired to do anything other than rest my head on his shoulder. No words came out of my mouth, but I knew Travis understood. I also knew we needed to talk about what had happened and what was going to happen. This conversation was inevitable.

When we arrived at the hotel, I got out of the car, holding Travis's hand.

Once we were in the hotel room, without saying a word, I went to the bathroom to change. I took off my Midnights bodysuit and then took a shower.

When I came out of the bathroom, I saw Travis on his phone, lying in bed. I climbed onto the bed next to him.

"Travis, you know we have to talk."

"I know, Taylor. Just not now; we're both tired." I simply nodded.

I didn't really know how to react because even though we missed each other, we knew very well that there were problems that needed to be resolved if we wanted this to work.

He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

I lifted my head so he could slide his arm underneath, then I rested my head on his shoulder. He gently played with my hair between his fingers.

"Good night, Travis, I love you."

"Good night, Taylor, I love you too. Promise me you'll never leave again, please."

"I promise, Travis." I took his hand and placed a gentle kiss on it. He buried his head in my neck.

---

I woke up with one hand resting on Travis's chest and his arm around my waist.

I opened my eyes and lifted my head to see Travis, who was already looking at me.

"Good morning, princess."

"Morning, babe."

I lifted my head to reach his lips.

"Should we talk about it now?"

"I think we should, yes."

I sighed before saying, "Okay."

We headed to the living room and sat down on the couch.

"Taylor..."

"Travis..."

We started at the same time, which caused a brief awkward moment.

"You go first," he suggested.

"Okay..." I exhaled one last time before starting to speak, feeling my leg begin to tremble. "Listen, Trav, I know I made mistakes. I shouldn't have left like that, and I shouldn't have been with Joe that night." I felt the tears start to well up. He placed his hand on my thigh, and I placed mine on his. "But what I felt for Joe is nothing compared to what I feel for you. You're the love of my life, Travis, and I'm sorry it took me so long to realize that. I know I messed up, but I also know that we're meant to be together. You have no idea how much I regret it. But I love you more than anything. And I love you, and I'm sorry."

"Taylor, you have no idea how much I'm addicted to you and how much I love you, but you broke my heart, in such a brutal and sudden way. I don't understand why you'd ruin everything like that. Why didn't you come to see me in the hospital? All your friends turned against you, but you stayed with Joe. I'm afraid that you love him as much as you love me, and I don't want to end up in the hospital again because he comes back into your life."

I lowered my eyes.

"I love you more than anyone on this earth, Taylor, but can I trust you?"

"Of course, Travis, you can and you always will."

"How, Taylor?"

I looked at him, not really understanding, "What?"

"How can I be sure, Tay? I understand and I hear what you're saying, but prove it to me. Prove to me that I'm the one for you, prove to me that I can trust you, prove to me that you care about me as much as I care about you."

I took his face in my hands. He looked away.

"Trav, look at me."

He didn't lift his head.

"Travis, look at me, please."

He finally lifted his head.

One hand on his cheek, the other on his knee.

"Travis, I love you, and you're the only one I want. I want to spend my life with you, I want you to be able to introduce me as your wife someday. I want to wear the ring you'll buy me. I want to be the one who carries and raises your children. I want to be the one you spend the rest of your life with. I want to be the only one in your life, and I want you to be the only one in mine. And I'll do everything I can to prove it to you."

"I promise." I finished what I had to say.

"I love you, Tay, so damn much."

"I love you too, sweetheart."

I saw his eyes glisten.

"Come here, baby."

I opened my arms, and he hugged me.

"Please, never leave me alone again. I can't live without you, Tay."

"I'm here, sweetie, I'm here."

---

Two weeks later

"Morning, babe."

"Morning, Trav."

I smiled from ear to ear as I looked at the man I was in bed with, the love of my life, the father of my future children.

"What's making you smile like that, princess?"

"You."

I leaned in to kiss his lips tenderly.

"What do you have planned for us today, princess?"

"I was thinking of a Netflix and chill day?"

"Perfect for me."

"Perfect with you."

"I love you."

"I love you too, Trav."

---

Sorry for the absence, I was in Spain and now I'm in Italy!

Anyway, it's a short chapter, but I plan to write the next part tonight and post it late tonight or tomorrow.

---

Request??