Tyrant's Beloved (5)

In fact, he had been conscious all along, just in a hazy state, aware of the surroundings but not fully awake until he lay in the warm quilt.

Unsure whether the other party was friend or foe, he pretended to be asleep, wanting to observe their intentions while quietly gathering strength. If they posed a threat, he could counterattack when they least expected it.

It seemed these people had no harmful intentions for now.

The male protagonist had just experienced a betrayal and was not quick to trust others. Li Shu understood he wouldn't trust him either, but as long as the male and female protagonists could be together peacefully so he can fulfill the mission, that was enough for him.

The male protagonist was exhausted after all, and couldn't hold on for long. Soon, he fell into a deep sleep. Li Shu approached the bed and carefully examined the destined child of this world.

Just like those he had seen before, the male protagonist in this world was very handsome, with sharp eyes and features. Compared to when he first opened his eyes, the current male protagonist appeared less fierce and more soft. Li Shu observed him for a while before returning to the table.

[System, does completing the plot count as completing the mission, or is it necessary for the male and female protagonists to live happily together?] Li Shu asked, fiddling with the teacup.

[The latter,] 1314 explained. [At the end, the happiness values of both the male and female protagonists must exceed 60% for the task to be considered successful. If, at the end of the plot, the happiness value of either the male or female protagonist is below 60%, the mission is considered a failure. Correspondingly, the higher the happiness values, the higher the final rating and the more points earned.]

Li Shu: [So, the plot has minimal impact on completing the mission?]

[As long as a few crucial plot points stay on track, such as this time, where the female protagonist saves the critically injured male protagonist, it's sufficient.]

So, the most critical factor was not the plot but the happiness values of the male and female protagonists.

Qi Mingxuan, the male protagonist, a cold-blooded God of War of the Great Zhou, joined the military at fourteen and achieved a significant victory over the Western Qi at twenty-two. His presence prevented the wolves lurking at the borders from venturing south, thus ensuring peace in the region. As his reputation grew, the people in the capital could no longer sit still. While he continued achieving victory, an imperial edict summoned him back to the capital. However, on the way back, he was betrayed by his subordinates and hunted. He sought refuge in Xian Guo Temple, where he was rescued by the female protagonist who came with her family to pray for blessings.

Thus began the twisted fate between them.

The kind and warm female protagonist brought light into the life of the male protagonist who has only had darkness in his life. A seed called "love" took root in his heart and quietly sprouted.

People are often drawn to what they lack. The gentle and kind female protagonist was like a flame, unintentionally pulling the male protagonist closer. The more he approached, the more attracted he became, and it was only a matter of time before he fell.

It only took two months from the first meeting to understanding each other and falling in love. However, no one expected the happy days to end so quickly. The female protagonist was unknowingly manipulated by the prime minister, and unwittingly destroyed the male protagonist's carefully crafted plans.

Tragedy was inevitable from the moment they met.

The naïve and kind female protagonist was repeatedly exploited by her father to sabotage the male protagonist's plans again and again. Although the male protagonist managed to survive disaster each time, the seeds of doubt were sown. Misunderstandings and suspicions spread between them.