Tyrant's Beloved (10)

"Why not? Wealth stirs people's hearts," Li Cheng said meaningfully. "Zi Shu doesn't have to worry, this incident doesn't involve you."

Li Cheng considered himself quite knowledgeable about Li Shu. Knowing his child's ambitious nature, he was certain Li Shu wouldn't resort to cheating. Moreover, during this period, Li Shu had been staying in the mansion, avoiding contact with the outside world. The repercussions of this massive fire wouldn't reach him.

"Father, what happened exactly?"

"Some people have been coveting the benefits inside for a long time. They think they were being secretive, little do they know they've long been targeted, just waiting for the right moment to be given a fatal blow. You're about to enter the officialdom, so be careful in your actions. Look ahead at least five steps for every step you take."

As his legitimate eldest son, Li Shu would naturally become part of his faction in the officialdom. He didn't mind offering him some advice at this crucial time to prevent him from becoming a stepping stone for others. After all, he was his child, and he deserved to be exceptional.

"I understand, Father," Li Shu respectfully replied.

"You weren't involved in this matter, no need to worry. You're still young, and there's a long road ahead. I'm your father, if there's anything you don't understand, come and ask me." Li Cheng walked to Li Shu's side and patted him on the shoulder.

"Alright, I won't disturb your rest. Recharge your energy, there's still a tough battle ahead."

[System, why are there so many changes to the plot this time?] After Li Cheng left, Li Shu called out to the system in his mind. What surprised him wasn't the leaking of exam questions but the timing of its exposure. It happened much earlier than in the original plot.

In the original plot, this revelation occurred in the middle of the plot. The involvement was much broader than now. It led to the downfall of many officials. The Fourth Prince's faction suffered a heavy blow, and the male protagonist also suffered significant setbacks. However, the Eldest Prince escaped early and became the biggest beneficiary.

[Wait, Host, I'm investigating the reason.] Fluorescent green characters in the system space flowed rapidly, occasionally accompanied by flashes of silver light. After a quarter of an hour, 1314 returned to the small world, [Because the male protagonist's injuries from the previous plot point improved significantly, the situation no longer posed the same danger as in the original plot. This caused a deviation in the plotline, advancing the leak incident. But rest assured, host, this event doesn't impact our mission.]

[Is it because this event is unrelated to the romantic storyline of the main characters? When is the next plot point?] From the time he came into this world, the male and female protagonists have had little intersection. One was active in the court, and the other was a young lady who did not leave the boudoir. It was impossible for the two to have much intersection.

1314 flipped through the world plot and replied: [The next plot point is the Deer Ming Banquet.]

After the announcement of the examination results and the exposure of this large-scale cheating case, can the world's trajectory remain the same as before?

Imperial Study.

Several ministers knelt on the ground tremblingly, heads bowed and not daring to make a sound.

Various memorials were scattered on the floor, and the emperor stood in the center with a furious look. He was so angry his face turned red.

Majestic Desert Splendor0:00 / 1:07