Tyrant's Beloved (19)

"What's going on? Why are you acting so anxious?" Li Cheng scolded in a low voice.

"Lord Prime Minister, Miss Lin, Miss Lin has been pushed into the water!" The servant took a deep breath, trying to steady his breathing.

"What happened?" Panic flashed across Li Cheng's face, but he quickly suppressed it. He gestured around, "My apologies, everyone."

"Hurry and lead the way."

The Left Prime Minister's mansion only had one daughter, and she has been doted on since childhood. Everyone understood Li Cheng's feelings, so they waved their hands to show they didn't mind. Miss Li's safety was the priority.

"Father, I'll go with you to take a look." Li Shu didn't want to stay here. Moreover, he wanted to observe how the plot unfolded.

Li Cheng frowned but didn't explicitly refuse.

This time, the Lu Ming Banquet was held at one of the royal palaces, and the emperor gave permission for the venue to be divided into two, allowing officials or examinees to bring their families. The scenery here was excellent, and families could enjoy themselves in a separate area.

Li Shu followed Li Cheng through an archway and headed straight to the destination under the leadership of the servant. Along the way, the servant briefly explained the sequence of events. Li Cheng kept a cold face throughout, and the servant was so frightened that he didn't say what he didn't have to say.

After a few more steps, the sound of commotion reached them. A group of people had gathered, and, in the center, two young girls were in a confrontation.

When he got close, Li Shu realized Li Xinuo was not there. Li Cheng asked with a stern face, "Where's Xinuo?"

The two girls confronting each other turned their heads simultaneously. One wore an expression of anger, while the other had a pale face with lingering tear marks.

"Miss Li went to change clothes," knowing Li Cheng was Li Xinuo's father, the girl who seemed angry softened her expression and grabbed the other girl's arm, "At the time of the incident, I happened to witness the whole process. It was this girl who pushed Miss Li into the water."

"I didn't, I didn't do anything." The girl lowered her head, appearing more pitiful compared to the assertive girl holding her arm. However, in a place where others couldn't see, a hint of resentment flashed in her eyes.

She did want to push that bitch Li Xinuo into the water. But how could she be foolish enough to do it herself? She hadn't done anything yet and that bitch had already jumped in on her own. Why wouldn't anyone believe her?

"Look at how you're talking. Are you saying you didn't do anything? Could it be that Miss Li jumped in by herself?" The assertive girl sneered, her expression filled with disdain. She couldn't stand the girls in the capital, they all spoke one way and acted another.

"The county princess is right. Even though it is spring, the weather is still quite cold. When Miss Li was rescued, her lips were frozen blue."

"Not only the county princess, we also saw you physically pushing her."

Majestic Desert Splendor0:00 / 1:07

"That's right..."

[Host, the plot has deviated a bit.] 1314 cried.

[I know.] Originally, the female protagonist was framed for pushing Miss Rong Le, the daughter of the Rong family, into the water, and suffered countless grievances. Now, it has turned into the female protagonist being pushed by Rong Le, and Rong Le was the one facing accusations. In addition, the sudden appearance of the county princess...