Tyrant's Beloved (35)

Yu Rongxiu blinked his eyes incredulously, and turned his head to look at Li Shu with a dull expression.

'Are you kidding me?'

'Didn't you say you were bringing a friend over? What does it mean to bring the current Holy Emperor?'

He really wanted to shake his friend's shoulder. 'How can you be so calm? Do you know who you've brought? It's the emperor who ascended to the throne with an iron fist, not some random person or ordinary official!'

If he had known his friend was bringing the emperor, he would have...

He couldn't really do much anyway. Even if he had known it was the emperor coming, he wouldn't have missed this opportunity. He might not be able to return to the capital for years after this. Before leaving, he had to have a good drink with his friend.

Although it would likely end with him passing out.

Feeling the sharp gaze of His Majesty the new emperor, Yu Rongxiu stiffened and took a few steps back. "Zi Shu, why didn't you tell me earlier that this person was coming?"

"Didn't I say this was a surprise?" Li Shu smiled, patted his tightly knotted shoulder, then walked around to sit at the table.

Qi Mingxuan glanced at him then sat down across from Li Shu.

The space here was not large. After Li Shu and Qi Mingxuan sat down facing each other, there was only one seat left between them. Yu Rongxiu walked over, feeling like crying but had no tears.

A surprise? It's more of a shock than a pleasant surprise! It's just a drink. Why did you bring the emperor here? !

Wait a minute, if he remembered correctly, Li Shu did indeed say he was bringing a friend. So, if he brought the emperor, does that mean the current emperor and former Prince Qin is Li Shu's friend?!

These two don't seem to have much interaction usually, so how did they suddenly become so close?

The drinks were prepared in advance, and Li Shu poured for the three of them. "Here's to Yu Rongxiu's smooth career ahead. Cheers."

"Cheers."

Three wine glasses clinked together, producing a crisp sound.

Majestic Desert Splendor0:00 / 1:07

After a glass of wine, Yu Rongxiu's sense of absurdity finally diminished a bit. The emperor was just the emperor, anyway. After all, Zi Shu had said to treat him as an ordinary person today.

Qi Mingxuan didn't speak much, just quietly drank. Most of the time, it was Li Shu and Yu Rongxiu doing the talking. Occasionally, Li Shu would steer the conversation towards him, and then Qi Mingxuan would say a few words.

Li Shu and Yu Rongxiu could chat about anything under the sun, while Qi Mingxuan just stared at them blankly, or more accurately, at Li Shu. From the moment they sat down, Qi Mingxuan's gaze had always followed Li Shu, not giving Yu Rongxiu even the slightest attention.

After three rounds of drinks, Yu Rongxiu started to feel a bit drunk. He picked up a peanut and threw it into his mouth. He looked up and suddenly saw Qi Mingxuan pouring wine for Li Shu.

With blank eyes, he followed that pair of distinct knuckles, only to bump into a pair of deep eyes.

!!!

With a thump, Yu Rongxiu felt like he had sobered up. This...this...

He had seen this kind of gaze many times before, a mixture of love and possessiveness. It's often seen in the eyes of young men infatuated with someone. It's not that it couldn't appear in an emperor, but it's just that the person the emperor looked at was not right.