Tyrant's Beloved (37)

Qi Mingxuan originally intended to resolve the matter before Li Shu noticed anything unusual. But now that Li Shu had already picked up on the clues, the original plan was definitely not feasible anymore. Since Zi Shu wanted to know, then let him know the truth.

With him watching, he wouldn't let Zi Shu get into such a predicament.

"Everything you want to know is in here," Qi Mingxuan took out the sealed letter and warned, "Zi Shu, promise me that after reading the contents, you won't make any decisions on your own. You can discuss anything with me."

It seemed that Li Cheng's identity was very problematic. Li Shu took the sealed letter, unfolded it, quickly read through it, folded it back neatly, and returned it to Qi Mingxuan.

The content of the letter was not much, but it contained a lot of information. Li Shu closed his eyes for a moment. He didn't expect Li Cheng to have such a background. No wonder Qi Mingxuan hesitated and refused to tell him right away.

"Your Majesty, am I really "Li Cheng's" biological child?" Since 'Li Cheng' is not the real Li Cheng, then was the original owner the biological child of the real Li Cheng or just an impostor's child?

Looking at "Li Cheng's" attitude towards the original owner, it was really hard for Li Shu not to be suspicious.

Qi Mingxuan was not surprised that Li Shu would ask this question. He walked over to Li Shu, put his hand on his shoulder and nodded gently. Li Shu immediately understood. The original owner is the biological child of the 'Li Cheng' who was in prison.

"Zi Shu," Qi Mingxuan called softly, his voice gentle and soothing.

Li Shu looked up and met a pair of affectionate black eyes. Qi Mingxuan's eyes were narrow and sharp, giving off a dangerous vibe. But every time he looked at Li Shu, the owner of these eyes would carefully hide the sharpness, like a big cat that would carefully retract all its claws in front of its owner, revealing a gentle and harmless side.

Li Shu was slightly dazed. He heard the man's deep, gentle voice in his ears, "Zi Shu, don't worry. I won't let this matter affect you. Don't be afraid."

Hearing Qi Mingxuan's comforting words, Li Shu realized that the root of Qi Mingxuan's hesitation was here. He was afraid that if the true identity of 'Li Cheng' was exposed, he would be harmed, so he wanted to suppress this matter on his own.

A faint warmth surged into Li Shu's heart. He took the initiative to hold the man's hand that was resting on his shoulder, his eyes also filled with warmth.

"Your Majesty, you don't need to worry about me. I have already severed the father-son relationship with 'Li Cheng'. Whatever his identity is, whatever he has done, I won't let it bother me, nor will I sacrifice my life for him."

Qi Mingxuan reached back to grasp that hand, then wrapped it with his other hand, holding it close to his chest. The tension in his brows gradually eased. "It's best if you think like this."

After hearing Li Shu's words, Qi Mingxuan's hanging heart finally relaxed. Li Shu always kept his word. Since he said he wouldn't sacrifice himself for 'Li Cheng', as long as he acted cautiously, the situation he had worried about before wouldn't happen.

"Then... Your Majesty, did you find out anything?" Li Shu asked.

Majestic Desert Splendor0:00 / 1:07

Qi Mingxuan shook his head with a serious expression. "This person, 'Li Cheng,' is very stubborn. I've tried several methods, but couldn't get anything out of him."

Li Shu already expected this outcome. 'Li Cheng' could become the prime minister of Great Zhou with the identity of a spy. He had wielded power for many years without revealing any flaws. It showed how cautious and careful he was. If it weren't for accidentally obtaining that booklet, it's likely that 'Li Cheng's' true identity would never have been exposed.