Tyrant's Beloved (34)

He Yuan still remembered that he had mentioned another disciple to Qi Mingxuan before. At that time, Qi Mingxuan wanted to help him find the person. Now, the person was in the study room. Had he found the person?

Maintaining the same half-bowed posture, He Yuan looked at the young man not far away in a daze.

The young man was dressed in a crimson court robe, his graceful figure like jade. Compared to when they first met, he looked much better. The illness was gone, and he appeared even more handsome and spirited.

"Teacher?" Qi Mingxuan asked in confusion.

Returning to his senses, He Yuan stood up straight and asked, "Who is this?"

"This is Li Shu. It's good that you're here, Teacher," Qi Mingxuan turned and introduced the two, "Zi Shu, this is the teacher I often mentioned to you, Master He Yuan from Zhu Mountain."

"Hello, Master He." With both hands raised to his forehead, Li Shu bowed respectfully.

Li Shu always showed the utmost respect to knowledgeable and virtuous individuals like Master He.

"Good..." Looking at the young man who had shed his childishness and become mature and steady, He Yuan's eyes moistened slightly. He eased his breath before saying, "After I left years ago, have you been doing well?"

He knew that the identity of his junior disciple was extraordinary, and he guessed that the young man might have had a difficult time at home. He just hadn't expected the young man's background to be so remarkable.

He had heard of the name Li Shu, especially in the past six months when Li Shu's reputation had grown significantly. Even without actively seeking information, He Yuan could piece together a rough idea of the truth from the bits and pieces he heard from others.

The only legitimate son of Left Prime Minister Li Cheng, the top scholar designated by the late emperor, and the official the late emperor favored the most. Having served as an official for only half a year, he had already handled numerous cases, big and small.

Moreover, he had handled these cases exceptionally well, leaving no room for criticism. He Yuan had once sighed to Qi Mingxuan, saying that this was a man of extraordinary means. If they were ever to stand on opposite sides, Li Shu would undoubtedly be a formidable opponent.

Later, when Li Shu had a falling out with the Left Prime Minister's Residence, his past experiences in the Li family spread throughout the streets. Upon hearing about it, he also lamented. Even tigers do not eat their own cubs. How hard-hearted must Li Cheng be to treat a child like that?

Knowing the true identity of his junior disciple, and recalling the days when the two were master and disciple three years ago, He Yuan looked at Li Shu with more heartache and admiration in his eyes.

He felt heartache for his disciple's experiences over the years and admiration for his achievements. Born into such a family, he could still continue his studies, achieve the top spot, and not be bound by the past. It was evident that he was a person of strong character.

He Yuan was filled with joy at finding his junior disciple, so much so that he ignored the other disciple standing beside him.

Majestic Desert Splendor0:00 / 0:00

"Teacher, everything is fine," Li Shu replied.

'What's going on?' Qi Mingxuan was puzzled by the attitude of the old man and Li Shu. Wasn't it the first time that Zi Shu and the teacher were meeting? Why was the Teacher asking such questions?

"Teacher, do you know Zi Shu?"

He Yuan was even more surprised than him. "Didn't you bring him here specifically to see me?"