Tyrants Beloved (26)

Among the common people, the most beloved tales revolve around the scandals and intrigues of officials and noble ladies. Unable to live such luxurious lives, the common folk can only catch a glimpse of the tip of the iceberg of a world they cannot touch through these small bits of information.

Matters of romance and intimacy have always been the most favored gossip topics, especially when one party holds a significant status and position. In such cases, the public's imagination is further fueled and everyone eagerly spreads these tales.

This kind of thing is unstoppable, especially when some people are working behind the scenes to make the story circulate widely.

Though Qi Mingxuan sent someone to handle the situation upon realizing his feelings for Li Shu, it was already a few days after the rumors began circulating. So it was not surprising that the Emperor knew about this news.

"As the chaos of war persists, your child has no intention of starting a family. I hope Father Emperor can understand and fulfill this wish." Qi Mingxuan bowed deeply. Regardless of whether the Emperor spoke these words to test him or simply as a father expressing concern for his son, Qi Mingxuan had no intention of continuing the conversation. He never had plans to marry, and now it was even more impossible for him to find a random woman to get married because of Li Shu.

"We understand your concerns, Xuan'er. Marriage is a major matter in one's life. As the future guardian of the borders, the majestic Prince Qin and the general of Great Zhou, how can you not have someone by your side who understands your joys and sorrows?"

The expected rejection made the Emperor's mood even more complicated. In contrast to his two other unsatisfactory sons, Qi Mingxuan's behavior was even more outstanding. While other princes were amassing wealth and eyeing the throne, this child abstained, not vying for power. Even at the age of twenty, he refused to marry, solely for the sake of soothing his father's concerns.

Unfortunately...

He only had to be a capable child and have a lot of respect for him. If it weren't for his maternal family that was dragging him down, he (the Emperor) wouldn't be in such a dilemma.

His soft heart outweighed other thoughts, and he coughed softly, "If you truly like the Left Prime Minister's child, We can arrange a marriage for you. She is the legitimate daughter of the Left Prime Minister and is from a prestigious family. She's quite worthy of you."

"These are just neighborhood rumors. I have no romantic interest in the Left Prime Minister's daughter. These rumors arose because I happened to assist Miss Li twice. It's not entirely accurate." He only helped because the person happened to be Li Shu's sister. Don't think he was unaware; this matter spread widely, and Miss Li's father, the Left Prime Minister of Great Zhou, played a huge role.

Seeing that Qi Mingxuan's expression was calm and there was no sign of any reluctance, the fatherly heart took over and the Emperor spoke gently, "If you don't like the Left Prime Minister's daughter, do you have someone else in mind? If not, I'll keep an eye out in the capital, there are still many suitable young women."

Why insist on arranging a marriage for him? Wouldn't it be better to ignore him like in the past? Qi Mingxuan found the Emperor's attitude headache-inducing. He had long passed the age of yearning for paternal love. Isn't it too late to try to make amends now?

When the Emperor mentioned arranging a marriage for Qi Mingxuan, he indeed took action. Given the previous turmoil in Great Zhou, he delegated this matter to the Empress, instructing her to find a suitable match for the Prince Qin.

Such different treatment naturally attracted everyone's attention. Many ministers with eligible daughters silently prepared strategies. So what if Prince Qin couldn't occupy that position? Given his current status, being in-laws might not be a bad thing.