Chapter 65

"So, she's trying to send you all to therapy?" Himiko asked, her face scrunched up in disgust at the suggestion. 

"Yup." 

"And Shinsou is refusing?" 

"Have you met him?" 

She hummed as she nodded her head. "Yeah, fair point. What're you guys gonna do then?" 

I shrugged one shoulder and took a hit of the joint Himiko had rolled as soon as we made it back to her apartment. "I'm starting to think it's not really my problem." 

"Midoriya," Ashido scolded, smacking my chest and stealing the joint in retaliation. 

"Ashido," I said back, trying my hardest to mimic her. "I wasn't the one that smoked weed in Kats' room, because I'm not an idiot, and I'm not the one refusing to go to therapy. I can bitch and moan to Toshi all I want, but I've been doing it for years, why does anyone think he's going to change his mind now?" I posed the question and let my head fall to rest on the back of the circular chair I was slouched in. 

I was high and talking out of my ass. Obviously, I still thought of it as my problem. Obviously, I was going to continue to bitch and moan about Hitoshi going to therapy. I just needed a moment to pretend that I didn't care. 

"Ignore him," Himiko tutted, shifting how she was sat on her bed so that her legs ended up in Uraraka's lap. "He's doing the psychopath thing." 

"I love the psychopath thing!" the brunette exclaimed, her eyes lighting up. "I love watching what his little genius brain can do without morals." 

Ashido looked between the two girls before turning to me like I was supposed to have the answers. "What the fuck is the psychopath thing and should I be worried?" 

Himiko smiled sweetly at me while I flipped her off. "I don't know, really. Sometimes, he just gets high and turns into a psychopath. Like, he so genuinely does not care about anything." 

"I still care about shit," I mumbled, having already heard them talk about the 'psychopath thing' many times before. 

"No," Uraraka said pointedly. "You just know whatever you do will come back to bite you in the ass later. Iz, we have literally had a conversation about this." 

I hummed as I rolled my head so I can see her properly. All three girls were on Himiko's bed, the blond leaning against her pillows with her legs in Uraraka's lap. Uraraka was sitting crisscross facing me with Ashido lying on her stomach next to her. 

"Fair enough," I said back. 

 Over the years, Uraraka and I had spent many nights having deep, introspective conversations while stoned. Pretty much everyone in our friend group had, it was kind of just something that happened when you got high as often as we did. Not sure how I didn't notice the 'psychopath thing' becoming their favorite party trick though. 

"It's not as scary as you're thinking, Ash," Himiko said with a small giggle at a concerned looking Ashido. "Pretty sure it's a dissociation thing or whatever, because it only ever seems to happen on really bad days." 

Uraraka imitated jazz hands in my direction with a lazy smile on her lips. "Trauma response," she said in a sing-song voice. 

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," I mumbled, letting my eyes drift closed. "At least I know I need therapy." 

"Oh, the shade," Himiko said with another laugh. The blonde somehow became even more giggly when she was high. I didn't know it was possible until I smoked with her the first time.