Chapter 20

"I hold my breath as he turns the last knife in his hand. I see a glint in his eyes as he pulls his arm back and let's the knife fly. It comes straight at me, spinning, blade over handle. My body goes ridged. This time, when it hits the board, my ear stings, and blood trickles my skin. I touch my ear. He nicked me.

And judging by the loo he gives me, he did it on purpose."

"Hey, Ivy!" I hear a girl yell causing me to look up from my book. A girl from the production crew stands a few feet away from me, a clip board held at her side and a micro piece in her earZ "It's time to film."

I nod my head and dog ear my book before closing it and placing it in the chair I was just sitting in. I breath in and out as I walk to set. This is the first day filming. It also happens to be the most anticipated seen of the whole book, besides the make out seen between Four and Tris. The Knife throwing seen.

I shake my trembling hands, trying to rid me of my nerves but nothing I do seems to subside them. My hands are shaking so hard, making it look like I had a whole pot of coffee, when really I only had a cup and a half.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Josh ask, I look up at him, just noticing his now blondish hair.

"When did you bleach you hair?" I ask, pushing my nervousness aside for a second.

"This morning. They bleached it while I was in hair and make up. You like?" Josh ask, running his fingers through his styled hair, causing it to get messed up.

"Yes. It reminds me of you in the Hunger Games. I always loved your hair blonde." I smile and fix his hair before a stylets sees it and freaks out. "If only you had blue eyes. Then you'd be perfect." I fake a sigh and shake my head.

"Ouch, that hurts." Josh says. "That hits my here." He puts his hand over his left breast and pats it.

"I'm joking, babe. You know I love you for you." I smile and place my hands on his arms. Josh gives me a shocked look, his eyes wider and his mouth slightly ajar.

"What?" I ask, wondering what's wrong. I think back to what I just said and gasp. Slapping my hand to my mouth. I can't believe I just told him I love him! What if he's not ready to hear that? What if he doesn't love me and he breaks up with me.

"Ivy! Josh! Lets go!" Some yells behind us. I stay frozen a second longer before turning away from him and running away. I get to set and walk over to Amber, grabbing her arm and pulling her away from somebody she's talking to.

"Hey! I was talking to somebody!" Amber protest.

I turn towards her, "I just blurted out to Josh that I love him." I say, my eyes wide with worry.

"Awe! Did he say it back?" Amber gushes, a huge smile on her face.

"No! He just gaped at me! I ran away from him before he could say anything! What I'd he breaks up with me? What is he's not ready for a serious relationship? What if-" my words are cut off by Amber slapping her hands over my mouth.

"Hey! Shut up for like two second Mrs, Negative Nelly." I give Amber a flat look and lick the inside of her hand. "Eww! That disgusting!" Amber yells and whips her hands on her pants, causing me to smirk.

"I couldn't breath!" I say, widening my eyes to look innocent.

"Whatever!" Amber snaps at me before closing her eyes and breathing through her nose. "Sorry, I didn't mean to snap. Anyways, back to the problem."

I groan and put my head in my hands. "What am I going to do?"

"Tell him that you meant every word you said! Don't apologize for it, if he really does care about you them he'll try. And I bet you anything he loves you also." Amber says, I peek up a her through my hands to find her smiling.

"But, what if he thinks I'm going to fast? What if he breaks up with me?"

"Stop thinking bad! Talk to him after filming! I've seen the way he looks at you. If it isn't love, then I don't know what is."

"How does he look at me?" I whisper.

"He looks at you like your his world. Like the sun rises and sets with you. When your with him, he only sees you, I've never seen him look at another girl since he meet you."

I put my head down, blushing. "He's not the type to look at another girl when he's in a relationship." I mumble, trying to control my blush.

"True. But I've also never seen him look at any girl like he looks at you."

"You think?"

"I know. Now what are you going to do when you get back to your trailer?" Amber ask, putting her hands on her hips and raising one of her perfectly waxed eyebrow.

"Tell him I'm not sorry for saying I love him."

"Good, now lets go. We get to film the knife seen today!" Amber sings as she loops her arm through mine and skipping over to the 'training room'.

My eyes automatically snap to Josh, were he sits him the far corner hanging out with the guys. While all of them are laughing, Josh is playing with his fingers and chewing on his lips.

The door behind us closes with a bang, making me jump in surprise and let out a small squeak. Josh's head snaps up at the sound and our gazes lock. He automatically gets up from his seat and takes a step towards us only for the director to stop him.

"Ivy! Amber! Good, your both finally here! We have four hours to film today and I want to make the most of it!" He chirps, clapping his hands together. I resist the urge to roll my eyes at his enthusiasm, knowing full well my bad mood with only cause this day to go by slower.

Lets just hope I can hide my true feelings and put myself in Tris' shoes for the day.

"Places everybody! Josh! Grab the knifes you'll be using today! And please, don't hit Ivy with them!"

I let out a small groan only Amber can here before walking to my place in front of the throwing board. Let the torchure begin.

______

Hey guys! Sorry it took me so log to update! I rewrote th beginning of this chapter like 5 times! I hope you like it!

Also, I have EOCTs and finals for the next three weeks so I probably won't be updating! I'm sorry but schooling comes first!

Also! If you haven't seen, I started a new book called 'Love Without Fear' it's a teacher/student book and I would love it if you would check it out and give me feed back!

Okay, last but not least! At the beginning of the chapter I used actual word from DIVERENT BY VERONICA ROTH and if I don't say that I could get sued for using them! Lets hope that happens or ill ne'er go to collage and work with the cake boss!

Vote, comment, fan!

Xoxo, Amber-Rose 😘💘