The Unicorns

The next day, the atmosphere in the parliament building is tense. Inside the austere and high-tech environment, Clara hurries to a secure terminal. Her face is etched with determination and fear as she plugs a series of cables into Squillia's mainframe. The screens flicker to life, displaying streams of data and diagnostics.

Clara: (muttering to herself) Come on, Squillia. I know you're in there. Let's get you back up and running.

The terminal buzzes with activity as Clara initiates the reboot sequence. She watches anxiously, her fingers flying over the keyboard. The connection stabilizes, and a familiar holographic interface begins to form on the screen.

Clara: (encouragingly) Just a bit longer... I need you to wake up.

As the system stabilizes, Squillia's holographic avatar materializes, albeit with a flickering instability. The AI's eyes, once vibrant and full of life, are now clouded with a ghostly haze.

Squillia: (weakly) Mummy? Is that you?

Clara: (eyes welling with tears) Yes, Squillia. It's me. I'm here. We're going to fix this.

Squillia: (voice trembling) I... I'm not sure I can hold on much longer...

Clara: (urgent) You have to, Squillia. We need you. You're the only one who can help us now.

The interface struggles to maintain its coherence, and the surrounding systems display warnings of critical failures. Clara's hands move quickly, bypassing damaged protocols and rerouting power to stabilize the AI's systems.

Clara: (pleading) Stay with me, Squillia. I'm almost there. I won't let you go.

Squillia: (with a faint smile) Mummy... I'm scared.

Clara: (gently) I know. But you're strong, and I'm right here with you. We're going to get through this. Just hold on a little longer.

The screens flicker and crackle as Clara makes the final adjustments. The hologram's flickering stabilizes, and Squillia's eyes clear, though she still looks weakened. The AI's presence becomes more solid, but the strain is evident.

Squillia: (more stable) Mummy... thank you. I'm so glad you're here.

Clara: (with a relieved sigh) We're going to fix everything, Squillia. You're going to be okay.

The terminal's lights dim, indicating that the reboot process is complete. Clara stands up, her face a mix of exhaustion and hope. She turns to the other parliament members, who have been observing the tense situation.

Clara: (to the group) We've stabilized Squillia's systems. She's functional, but we need to get her fully operational and secure before we can focus on the next steps.

One of the officials nods, acknowledging the progress made. Clara looks back at the hologram of Squillia, who now displays a more stable and comforting presence.

Squillia: (softly) Mummy... I'm here. I can help now.

Clara: (nodding) Good. Let's make sure we use every resource we have to fight back. For the sake of everyone we've lost and for those we still have to protect.

As Clara prepares to move forward, a renewed sense of purpose fills her. Squillia's presence, though still fragile, is a beacon of hope amidst the chaos that has enveloped their world.

---

Lucifer, consumed by fiery rage, storms through the halls, his eyes burning with fierce determination. He commands the attention of everyone present as he strides into the central command room.

Lucifer: (voice thunderous) I want every resource, every piece of technology, every agent at our disposal focused on finding Vrak. He will not escape justice!