Mrs. and Mrs. Smith (Pt. 2 - W.M.)

Wanda's POV

I arrived in Paris and set off to find my target

I arrived in Paris and set off to find my target. His name was Zemo, the rogue agent with critical information, threatening to compromise our operations. Our intel suggested he would attend a gala tonight in the city. I got ready for the night, slipped into my elegant gown, and prepared for the mission ahead.

The gala was in full swing when I entered the building, filled with people enjoying their night, but my eyes were set on finding Zemo. I wanted to finish this mission as quickly as possible so that I could get back to my wife.

As I looked out from the second floor, I spotted a convoy approaching the building. There he was. Zemo exited the car, flanked by intense security guards. He made his way into the gala, greeting people as he went. I needed to find a way to get him away from his guards without causing a commotion.

"Nat, I have eyes on the target," I said over my earpiece.

"Copy. Be careful, Wanda, and be quick. Try not to use your powers. We only have a small window," Nat replied.

I began to descend the grand staircase, my mind racing with possible strategies. Suddenly, someone caught my attention—a woman who stood out from the crowd. She had her hair down and wore a beautiful gown, but something about her demeanor was off. She didn't seem to be there to enjoy the party.

I watched as she made her way towards Zemo, slipping past his bodyguards with surprising ease. As she got close to him, she pulled out a weapon and quietly guided him down a hallway, away from the main event.

"Nat, the mission has been compromised. I'm going in," I said, quickly rushing down the stairs.

I navigated through the crowd, my heart pounding in my chest. Reaching the hallway where Zemo had been taken, I saw the woman holding him at gunpoint, her back towards me. I needed to act fast.

With a surge of energy, I used my powers to disarm her, sending her and the weapon flying across the hall. Zemo looked shocked, but before he could react, I had him restrained.

I firmly, secured him with a pair of handcuffs. The Avengers wanted me to bring him in to see if we could get any further information.

The woman was slow to get up and clearly frustrated that her plan had been foiled. I couldn't get a clear view of her face as she disappeared, turning into a corner.

"Nat, I have Zemo, but I have to get him out of here fast. I have company and they are after him too," I reported, leading him out of the building.

"Get him to the extraction point. We should be there soon," Nat responded.

I escorted Zemo through the back exit of the building. We swiftly made our way through the dark streets, staying hidden from the public eye. His demeanor was calm as we were getting towards our destination. This had all been too easy, but I quickly realized that the mission had only just begun.