Chapter 12

(5 weeks later)

They just sat there. Dad's arms around Mary's, both smiling waiting for my approval but there weren't getting it. I was angry. I was just beginning to warm up to her and get along but this was just a slap to the face, pain that just keeps giving. I wasn't going to look at them anymore. I was so mad I could easily break something. I ran out the door my legs bolting to carry my body out the door and down the street. I ran to the only place I knew I won't be found. I didn't stop running until I get there and when I did I just collapsed and stared up at the starry night sky. It was this place that Brooklyn took me and we just sat in silence for so long just looking into the distance. This place he told me he came to think and gather his thoughts. It was so beautiful night and day. But right now I just felt broken, hurt and everything just led up to this and I broke, into a million pieces. I always though of my self as a positive person, kind, but sometimes I just couldn't take it. All the sh*t that people threw at me I just dealt with but this just pushed me over the edge.

My thoughts where interrupted by the feeling of my phone vibrating in my pocket. I picked it up it was my dad. It felt like if I answered I would be admitting defeat and accepting this but I wasn't ready so I turned my phone all the way off and just put it aside. The cold rock was soothing and the sight of the lights from the distance houses made me forget everything and just relax.

I woke up to being gently shaken. I heard my name being whispered softly. It was comforting but as I opened my eyes everything just came flooding back. I started crying.

"Don't cry." They put their arms around me, it was familiar so I looked up and Brooklyn's tired eyes where looking back at me. It was still night but the moonlight reflecting in his eyes.

"Why do you look so tired?"

"We've been looking for you all night."

"We?"

"Me, mum, dad, even Romeo and Cruz."

"What time is it?" He checked his watch.

"Close to 5am. As soon as you ran out your Dad called us and asked if you had come to us. You look freezing." He took of his hoodie.

"Well its not like I have been sleeping on cold rock for the past 6 hours."

"After all that has happened you still manage to have a sense of humour."

Brooklyn POV

She had been crying but the moonlight lit up her face and the tears rolling down her face shon.

"We better get back, your parents are worried." I stod up, but she put her hand on my shoulder.

"No can we just stay for a while?"

"Sure." While she looked out I texted Dad to say that I had found her and to give her a minute because just needs some time. We ended up sitting there until we watched the sun rise over the hill. No words where spoken it was just her with her head rested on my shoulder.

"Ok spit it out." The sun had risen and she took at deep breath and broke the silence.

"What?" I had wanted to ask her what it was about but I thought it better let her tell me.

"Remember about being a nosy d*ck, you want to know why I came here in the first place, so stop being the lovely gentlemen you are and ask." There was a silence as I took in her words.

"Why'd you leave?" I said softly.

"Mary's pregnant." She looked back of into the distance.

"I'm assuming you just got really angry because you started to warm up to her and then she broke it to you. And you just thought about how she couldn't replace your mum and that just made you angry, so you came here."

"This is why I love you because you get me."

"Come here."

Immy's POV

He just pulled me in a hug and my head just fit perfectly in his neck. He kissed the top of my head.

"I love you too." He had said it a thousand times before but this time it felt true.

* * *

Please comment your thoughts, I would really appreciate it. All to a make the story better!

* * *