Chapter 4

What locker number are you, he asked as we reached what seemed like our common area.

"Umm, 121." I had no idea, but luckily it was on my time table.

"Ahh, right here, next to mine, that means we must have home room together."

"Cool." About a minute passed and he was still standing there as I unpacked my stuff so I had to ask "Aren't you gonna go back to class."

"Your in my class doofus, I'm waiting for you. But what about your sub, what are they gonna say when they ask you while your late?"

"Oh, we won't actually get a sub, we just have to report it. Mrs Clark has the short term memory of like a goldfish."

"Oh haha." I had gather my stuff and I locked my locker, by now it was 9:00. We walked to class together, I was taking in the school when he broke the silence.

"So, where are you from?"

"Sydney, Australia." I responded

"Oh cool, throw another shr-" I cup my hand over his mouth.

"Don't say it. It's so annoying, because we don't even call them shrimp we call them prawns." He had is hands up like he was being arrested.

Not realising I still had my hand over his mouth, he licked my palm.

"Eww, what was that for?" I wiped my hand on his shirt.

"You cupped you hand over my mouth. Anyway here it is, Lab 3."

"What took you so long Brook?"

"Yeah and who'd you pick up along the way?" He nodded to me. I recognised them from the bus.

"I was waiting for-" I cut him off again.

"Immy, I'm Immy, I'm new here. He took so long cus someone (looking Brooklyn) dropped my timetable in the water so I had to get a new one."

"Haha trust. You Australian?"

"Yeah and before you ask, no I don't ride a kangaroo?"

Every laughed. "No, I'm dead serious, I have been asked that several times." They laughed harder. I heard Brooklyn laugh to, I turned to face him, he has such a cute smile.

We all just sat around until the end of science and talked, it was a double period but it seemed to go quickly, these guys are so easy to talk to, I knew I was gonna like it here.

A bell went off. They all stood up so I followed and went back to my locker with Brooklyn and got out some food.

"When do we have home room?" I asked Brooklyn

"We don't have it today cus we have assembly, don't be late you'll get fully roasted if you are."

This school is so fancy, proper wooden desks, padded chairs, decent sized lockers, stone walls, a chapel, an oval, it was huge. As I was admiring the school I heard someone call out to me.

"You got guts having your skirt rolled up." I looked up to see three girls in a triangle the one you called to me was at the front.

"Says the one who is wearing a bright pink bra and her top button undone." She just rolled her eyes at me, and when she walked past I coughed and said sl*t under my breath, it was loud enough so the people around me could hear me. They all laughed and Brooklyn couldn't control himself.

She stopped and turned to me. I didn't. "How dare you." She said gasping.

Still walking I responded "Get over yourself sweetheart." I heard her grunt and walk away quickly.

"Props to you for standing up to her." Brooklyn said when we were well past the corridor.

"Why? She was being a b*tch so I was a b*tch back." I'm confused.

"Nah it's not that it's just most people would just not say anything and look away. She thought it was rude cus no one else does people just accept her as the queen of the grade."

"Well I refuse to bow down to her royal highness." I say in my best British accent.

"Your actually so funny."

"I know I know." I sat down with Brooklyn and with what seemed to be his friends, some of which I knew from science others I didn't. But Brooklyn introduced me, one of them I unfortunately recognised though.

*    *    *

Please comment your thoughts, I would really appreciate it. All to a make the story better!

*    *    *