Let's go!

When Cain came back after getting a new job, he told Rebecca that he was hired as a mechanic. She was impressed to hear that he had found a job at the age of 15, especially in the field of mechanics. It seemed that she had doubted whether anyone would hire such a young person as a mechanic. Nevertheless, a deal is a deal and he's not going to high school anymore.

When Cain went to the cabinet to get a snack, he started to notice there were just 10 kids that lived there, including himself, but what caught him off guard was that they were no older than 5-10-year-old kids. He looked around in his memories that he is the oldest one here and kids see him as an older brother.

When he looks around in his memories, he notices this big group is like a big family, and the reason why he made a deal with Rebecca is if he finds a job before school starts, then he doesn't have to go to school because Rebecca doesn't have enough money to pay for what the kids need.

When the kids saw what other kids had toys and electronics. They make them feel sad because they don't have what they have, and sometimes they get hammy-down clothes and charity toys. They sometimes get bullied because of that but he always backs them up when someone messes with them. The people his age or older tried to bully him too by beating him up that sometimes he won but not all the time thanks to his mutation activated. People started to back off when they noticed they were getting their asses handed to them. He was thankful he didn't have to use his powers.

When Cain was paying attention to his thoughts he got interrupted when he felt a tug from his pants. As he looks down, he sees a little girl with Burnett's hair who is no older than five, looking at him with a cute smile on her face, and his memories tell him that her name is Katie Rose who is always curious about everything.

Katie looked at him while tugging his pants. "Where were you this whole day? Were you running away from us?" she said as she tried to see in his eyes if he was going to lie or not but she was joking around.

Cain chuckled, shook his head, and said, "No, just went out looking for a job, Katie". 

Katie looks at him in curiosity "Well, did you find a job then, Cain." He nodded but got caught off when he heard Katie squealing in excitement and yelled "That's awesome you're so lucky you don't have to go to school because school sucks!!"

When the kids from the living room heard that Cain was here what got them paying attention was that Cain doesn't have to go to school. They all ran to the kitchen, circling Cain, and started asking questions about how he's not going to school now and many more questions.

He didn't know where to start, but they all kept pushing him to answer their questions. As he was about to answer their questions, things got worse when the kids started yelling and fighting each other, saying he should answer their questions. He tried to break up the fight, but he sighed in relief when he saw Rebecca barging in screaming.

"Quite!!!!" as soon she said that all the kids closed their mouths shut. As soon she saw that she looked at them, disappointed in what she was seeing, and said, "Stop gaining up on Cain and Katie. Why did you yell School sucks, young Lady."

Katie looked at the floor and played with her hands, saying in a quiet tone, "Well, isn't a school like a prison to kids?".

Rebecca looked at Katie when she said that, along with the kids, who nodded at her agreement. She sighed and said, "And why did you think that?".

Katie looked at Rebecca and pointed at Cain, saying, "Well, Cain says schools are prisons. They keep kids locked up physically and mentally. Prepare them for jobs that are prisons until they retire going to a nursing home there in the final prison."

Both Rebecca and Cain were in shock at what Katie just said. Rebecca looked at him with a glare and said, "Oh really, Cain said that to you, sweetie."

Cain stuttered, trying to explain what he said. "Well, I told her about school, but that's all I didn't tell her about was the jobs and the nursing home." They both looked at Katie, who had an innocent smile on her face.