The Power

We see Cain and Carter sitting on a log watching the beautiful view where the sun is about to go down. Cain watches this beautiful sight, trying to memorize what he is seeing right now to implant it in his memories.

"Beautiful ain't it kid"

Cain nodded and said, "Yeah, you don't see this every day. It's a sight to see". Carter smiled as he took it all in and said, "Yeah, it is. I've been coming here every day watching the sun go down, waiting to see what would happen tomorrow".

He turned and looked at the kid and said, "Like you, kid. I have never had a person come here at my shop looking for a job that is right next to the graveyard.". He chuckled and said, "The only people I see are when people need something for a repair or fix something, and when people look for a job there. They get scared like feeling someone is watching them like a ghost."

Cain just laughed at that because it's true you've never seen a mechanic shop that is right next to a graveyard. And how would you feel if you believed in the supernatural, knowing ghosts are watching your back in the least expected? Then something expected happened to what Cater said next.

"So what kind of deal do you make to have that power, kid."

Cain looks confused about what he just heard from him, so he says, "What deal". Carter looks at him seriously, thinking the kid is trying to cover it up or ain't telling the truth, so he says, "You know the deal you made to get that
power, kid."

As soon as Cain heard Carter say about the power, he looked down and sighed and said, "How did you know I had powers?".

Carter nodded and said, "Since we first met when we shook hands. I felt the power running through your veins, and it was powerful".

When Cain heard that, he thought back to when he first met him. He thought he covered it up, but it wasn't that good at all since Carter noticed.

Cain nodded as soon as Carter saw that. Carter sighed, put his left hand on the kid's shoulder, and said to him, "So what can of deal you made to Mephisto to get that power, son?".

Cain looked at him in confusion and said, "Deal, what deal?". Cater follows him in confusion as well, saying to him, "Wait, you didn't make a deal at all, kid".

Cain shook his head and said to him, "I didn't make a deal of anything at all. I'm a mutant".

When Carter heard that, he was surprised hearing him that he was a mutant and relieved at the same time, knowing he didn't make any deals.

Cain looked at him and said, "Who the hell is Mephisto, and what the hell is the deal". Cain already knows, but something in his mind barely knows a few things, just the people's faces and who they are now, because it feels like he's not being Johnny, his old self, but more like Cain, and he feels like he's losing a little about himself from his old life.

Carter sighed as he stood up and walked to the tree, leaning against it and watching the sunset going down, and said to the kid, "The reason why I said that was because I thought you made a deal with Mephisto to get that power, but once I hear you said you're a mutant that surprised me."

Cain looks at him as Carter's back was facing him, and says, "Okay then, who the hell is Mephisto then." Cater just shook his head and said to him, "Mephisto is a man who proclaims himself to be the devil himself, but what I think. I think he's a weak man who talks too much as he orders people around because, without his domain, he's nothing but just a regular Demon He is strong but not stronger anymore, but he has something up his sleeve, and the reason why I said that was I thought you had some piece of what leftover power Zarathos had left with him that he gave it to but I was wrong."