"I love you"

*Time Skip to Another Month*

*Y/N's P.O.V.*

It had been a while since I saw Lip again he didn't call or text and I certainly wasn't going to seem desperate for his love and affection, Xan asked about him so I allowed her to visit. It was the weekend we usually found something fun to do until school picked back up, it was quiet in the house without anyone there it was getting late Xan was in her room playing. My phone buzzed it was Lip "Hey can we talk?"  displayed across the screen, becoming speechless I texted back yes. Soon enough he was calling me "Hey" his voice cloudy like outside "What's up?" it hurt me to not talk to him in so long, the way things ended last time he was here it seemed like he only made out with me because of pity. It felt like he had turned his back on me after giving me something so important, which was himself and that child. Our relationship was going to be different than the butterflies I would get every-time I saw him, heard his name, felt his touch or when he spoke "I'm outside" he whispered. Going over to the door he stood in front of me his hair a mess, eyes dark, shirt rugged and a cigarette he threw over the steel fence "We really need to talk" he said brushing passed me.

Closing the door behind him I turned to him with amazement since he just came in with ease "Uh okay" he sat on my couch bouncing his knee "You know how... we agreed that if her mom came back, we'd pay her off?" no empathy or emotion shown as he looked up at me, eyes glossy and red. I felt my chest tighten as I stood there "Yeah?" "Well the bitch hasn't come back" he shrugged "H-How much?" he twiddled his thumbs not making eye contact this time "10 grand" my jaw dropped a little, if I had a kid and was offered that much I wouldn't know how to feel. Silence enveloped the room again as we stayed on opposite ends "I um... don't know what to say" he raised an eyebrow at me he must've thought I would say something more "W-What do you mean? She belongs with us!" I nodded understanding what he was saying "Yes I know but-..." he stood up quickly looking at me with disgust "Are you saying I shouldn't? Because-..." I stood up holding his face as he calmed down I kissed him lovingly, it lasted a few seconds but it meant everything to me. It was silent again until he sat back down "I'm not saying that, it's just she's her mother... I don't think she's gonna lay down and take it like she has been" he nodded clearing his throat "Your right but... she's a junkie. Junkies love money" he smirked at his own sentence.

We enjoyed each others company not saying a word thinking about the new idea coming into play "How do you plan on doing this?" I asked

We enjoyed each others company not saying a word thinking about the new idea coming into play "How do you plan on doing this?" I asked. Lip smiled even more knowing I was interested "Meet up with the papers already have the copy, I can have the money in an envelope by tomorrow if you agree" he reached for my knee but hesitated keeping his hands to himself before making eye contact with me this time "Sounds good, Xan should be fine with that... hopefully be in bed by the time that happens" he nodded. Every pause in the conversation made things slightly more awkward "I'm sorry" he whispered loud enough for me to hear "Huh?" "You heard me" he insisted as I finally sat down with him "I'm the one who has been sorry for an entire month, and you come by to say that?" he shook his head running his fingers through his wavy dirty blonde hair before looking at me his eyes ridden with exhaustion "Debbie still wants to have the baby" he reached for my hand instead "Fiona already got the abortion around the time I dropped Xan off... can't keep track with that shit as much as I try" he chuckled while speaking.

Every word hung on to me as if I could remember every little thing which I wouldn't, he was being sincere which I was second guessing but let him go on "I know I left... while you were drunk" I bit the inside of my cheek feeling embarrassed all over again, heat rushing through my whole body "I know you drank because you thought I didn't want to be with you anymore" it wasn't something I admitted to myself since it happened but hearing him say it seemed so right "I really am sorry I blamed you, you were right... the way Xan was raised is the reason she got so used to this type of shit. It wasn't your fault and I am sorry" he squeezed my hand looking into my soul "I-It's okay" I reluctantly accepted his apology. Before I left New York it was on my list to stop letting people treat me like trash, to move on and make something of myself without having any baggage. I was afraid that this is just the beginning of a long journey, that I would get stomped on like deja vú. Yet I never got an apology such as this, he did seem as if he felt guilty. Lip held me softly by the cheek leaning in for another kiss, it was so tender and sweet making me feel as if everything between us was better now.

Our lives were completely different even separate but he knew all the right things to say or do, I leaned my head against his shoulder feeling all the worry wash away "I forgive you, just don't give me a reason to regret it" I told him snuggling up "Okay" he held my shoulders kissing me. I smiled feeling the familiar warmth "Can we talk about what you said to me last time you were here?" he jumped up "I-I don't remember what I said" his tone did not seem accordingly "I doubt that but anyway you told me you love me?" he bit his lip shyly answering "Yes" I blushed feeling more than butterflies. My heart began to race, tingling spread across my body and I felt incredibly horny I chose not to say anything "I love you too" he smiled softly before snuggling back into me. I didn't feel myself falling asleep and neither did he, we ended up cuddling on the couch for the rest of the night.