Chapter 7.

Tuesday 4th January 2024. 10:30am

As I followed the lady into the kitchen she turned and gave me the widest smile I've ever been given.

She handed me the plate of cookies and some orange juice. I sat down at the kitchen table and picked up a cookie placing it on a plate infront of me. I watched as everyone else walked into the kitchen taking seats and standing around the island whilst the lady busied herself at the over. I think she was making some pasta. That's what it smelt like anyway.

I looked at the cookie and hesitated.

I'm allergic to nuts.

Like deathly allergic.

I don't want to sound ungrateful or picky, I don't want to make her sad again but if I eat this and it has nuts I could die.

I don't want to die.

Not at the moment anyway.

I think she can hear me overthinking as she turns around and analyses me. "It has no nuts sweetheart" how did she know? "I don't cook with nuts. Roman and Ronan are both allergic and I remember you being allergic too from when you where a baby" she spoke softly with a smile.

What the hell is she talking about. How did she know me when I was a baby.

She must be my mum but she can't have known me when I when I was a baby.

If she did how did I end up with Mark and Simone.

Omg

Did they give me up?

Did they not want me anymore?

Was I not enough for them?

How can a baby not be enough?

I'm cut out of my overthinking as Elijah strokes his hand over my shoulder. I bite down a whimper as his hands go over my broken shoulder or what I think is broken.

I take a bite of my cookie and smile at how delicious it is.

I look up to see everyone watching me.

All 12 eyes are on me.

Jesus what are they looking at.

"If you take a picture it might last longer" I blurt and instantly go red.

When I think things it's really hard for me not to say it out loud. Maybe if I cut my head off I won't blurt stupid things out.

Alejandro laughs and looks at me with so much love. It's kinda intimidating. "Mi princessa this beautiful women is my wife and your mother" papa starts as he points to the kind lady who is my mother. Hmm.

"And these" he continues "are the rest of your brothers. Boys introduce yourself please eldest to youngest."

"Hey mi corazón you already know me, I'm your oldest brother, my names maximillo and I'm 28" max says with a smile showing his dimple. I smile back.

"Little one, I'm Elijah you already know that, I'm your second oldest brother and I'm 27" lijah says with a look in his eyes that I cannot place.

"Roman 24" one of the twins says. Or I think they're twins. He's kind of scary but he looks scary familiar.

"Ronan 24, this ugly faces twin" he says with a chuckle at the end, Roman scoffs and slaps the back of his head without breaking his sour face.

"Hey bambina, I'm Ace and these are my triplets Asher and Aaron" he says as he points at two guys that look the exact same, they both nod at me with a ghost of a smile on they're faces.

They intrigue me.

"We're 19 bambina" ace finishes with a light smile.

Then I feel someone hug me and I tense so hard. After a moment I hesitantly pat their back and nearly relax into the hug before he jumps back as if someone scared him.

"Sorry hermosa my names Arlo I'm 18 and I am so excited to see you again." He jumps joyfully and a smile creeps its way to my face. His energy is amazing.

I smile and take another bite of my cookie as I stare at the two last boys that look symmetrical to me. They look like twins but they both look like the boy versions of me.

I'm kinda freaking out.

They really look like me.

Shall I say hello?

No let them talk.

No im gonna say something.

"Why do you two have my face"

Dude is that the best you had?

Seriously.

I can feel my face brighten and as I hear laughs around the room I can feel my face getting even redder. I look up to the two boys with my face. One of them is smiling while the other is clearly trying and failing to hide his smile.

"Technically you have our faces because your the younger triplet." One of them says

I nod my head understanding and take a sip of my juice.

Wait.

Woah woah woah.

Hold up.

Am I hallucinating.

I knew I shouldn't have taken more than 1 paracetamol this morning it says they have side effects.

Do I have schizophrenia?

I spit my orange juice out and stare at them both wide eyed.

They look wide at me with amused smiles but when you look at their eyes you can see a little bit of hurt.

Oh no what did I do now.

"Did you just say triplet. As in I'm your triplet?" How can I go from no siblings to have 10 older brothers and two of them being my triplets. The other pieces of my soul.

This is too much.

"Yup my names Dante and I'm the eldest twin" Dante says with a faraway look behind his toothy grin.

"And I'm Emilio the middle one bonita" Emilio says with the same look as his brother.

Our brother.

My parents where busy!

I look at papa whose hugging mama from behind both with smiles of adoration as they watch the scene in front of them.

I huff

"You two where busy" I say with not an ounce of hesitation.

I face plant as I hear all my brothers laugh at the shit that just came out of my mouth.

I face plant onto the table. I just know I look like a tomato.

——-

The kitchen: