Chapter 15.

Aurora's pov.

I love running. Especially in LA. I haven't been on a run in the nearly week I've been here but after this I'm definitely going to make it a daily thing.

Me and Aaron decided to run along the beach. Well it was more my choice he just went along with it, he hasn't said a word but I'll make it my mission to say something to me.

Arlo said that whilst Asher is mute, Aaron just prefers not to talk. I can see it's more than that from just looking into his eyes, it's clear he's hiding something and I'm going to make sure I find out what it is.

I've learnt that secrets can kill a person, and whatever he's hiding is big. So with that thought I opened my mouth without registering what was coming out of it.

"Why don't you talk?" I said looking up to his big height. We stopped running a minute ago, I think he was struggling to keep up a little bit but because he was a man god forbid he announced that he couldn't keep up with me.

He stared at me for a second and then he looked out to the beach. Ok then, maybe it's a touchy subject.

"I mean there isn't anything wrong with not talking I just really liked your voice earlier and when I look at your eyes I can tell you have a backstory. I can also vouch for the fact that you have so much to say you just don't want to be judged and don't know how to say it. I sometimes question whether I should become mute, I think I'm going to try it -" my ramble gets cut short by muscle man next to me

"Maybe you should try it now" he said.

That's mean.

"Oh" I comment, looking back to the water

"Sorry I didn't mean that" he says looking at me apologetically.

"Sometimes I struggle to find the right words" he continues so I look up at him.

"Growing up with only brothers, I kind of lost my voice I guess. Losing you was hard too, we used to be really close"

My eyes start watering and I don't know why.

"I'm really glad your home Bella, I missed you so much. I'll try and talk to you more, it's hard but I can feel you looking at me when we're eating" he finishes looking more amused.

"I like your voice Aaron" is all I say.

"Come on let's finish our run, we can go get açai bowls when we reach the end of the beach" he says starting to run ahead.

I've never had an açai bowl but I've seen them on instagram.

——
An hour later.

Me and Aaron got home and we spoke quite a bit. He kind of opened up more about why he doesn't speak much he told me about his best friend Benny and how when he's not home he's probably with him. He told me that he owes his life to Benny because he's doing him a massive favour.

I wonder if that has something to do with the secret I know Aaron is hiding.

After we got home I ran into my room and showered, I put on another tracksuit that is one of my brothers and tied my hair into a top bun. I sprayed myself with some perfume that smells like cookie dough and headed downstairs.

When I got to the kitchen everyone was seated around the island including Aaron and I sat next to Emilio and Asher, giving Asher a small smile I turn to Emilio "you haven't forgotten our bet have ya?" I smirked and winked at him.

He looked over to Dante and they nodded, Dante stood up and grabbed a spoon and a glass and tapped the spoon on the glass. I rolled my eyes because that was dramatic as hell as I sat back in my chair with a knowing smirk.