Chapter 36

After dinner I said goodnight to everyone and took aura upstairs with me. We watching shrek and the Smurfs movies and then she fell asleep.

I tucked her into my bed and took a shower, deciding I wasn't yet ready for a nightmare filled sleep I decided to wrap up warm and head up to the roof. I want to look at the stars and breath again.

As I reach the roof I see a muscled, 7ft tattooed man sitting on the edge so calmly, you wouldn't think he's a psycho assassin.

I go to sit with him silently, sitting close enough I can feel his never ending body heat.

After a couple minutes I decide to break the comfortable silence with a dumb joke, "your not gonna jump are ya?" I whisper as I look into his glistening brown eyes.

"Why? You worried about me baby?" He says with a deep chuckle

I roll my eyes at the new nickname he's created for me.

"You know I come here every night and stare at the stars hoping I can tell someone about it one day" he continues looking down at me as his hands rest on the floor behind him.

"Tell me about the stars blade" I whisper making eye contact with him.

I can't be with him, I can't even like him. But for tonight, I will do as I wish. Because this pull that this man fills me with. I just want to hear his voice, even if it's just for one night.

And that's what we did, he told me about the stars and fun facts about the earth, he told me about his family and his upbringing and his mafia. I told him a bit about my upbringing, I told him more about the flowers and my assassin life, I also told him about me becoming the queen of the underworld and we made a bet. His idea.

We were going to the tracks, if I won, he'd stop flirting and making it hard for me to stay clear. If he won, he would be allowed to take me out on a date.

Is it bad that I kinda hope he wins?

The next day.

I decided to return to school. Even though I spoke to my papa, the rest of the family are avoiding me like the goddamn plague. I mean part of me gets it, it's hard to believe that the person you thought was dead is alive, but fucking hell, If it was me I wouldn't want to waste any more of our time being angry. Especially with my birthday ball in a month and the underlying fact that I'm the queen of the underworld. A walking target.

They don't know the depths of my over thinking, the thoughts I've been having. As long as they're happy though right?

But hey, I guess im no better, I'm not going to start conversations with any of them, if they don't wanna talk then talk we shall not do.

Hoping out of the shower I decide I want to look like a badass today. I have a feeling something is going to happen and I'm gonna need to look like one. So I get changed into a black knitted jumper and tuck it into a cream mini skirt. Pairing that with some ankle Chelsea boots, tights and a brown leather jacket. I then wet my hair one more time before putting in some curling cream and putting it half up half down.